ad: ProAudio-1

WA5VRO-SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KD5ZSY, Dec 23, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KD5ZSY

KD5ZSY Ham Member QRZ Page

It is with great sadness that I am writing to let you know that long time Austin dillo member, Pat Worsham WA5VRO passed away last night in an Austin hospital

Here is the information we got:

This is Libby Worsham. Don't know quite how to do this, but I'll just say it. Friday night (20th) around 11:30 p.m., I had to call EMS because after Pat went to sleep, he started breathing really strangely, and I could not wake him. Fire Dept medics, EMS, and APD came to the house. They worked on him for about 45 minutes doing CPR, defibrillator, etc. but were not getting any response from him. They then transported him to the Heart Hospital of Austin, where he passed away just before 1 a.m. on the 21st. Everything was so sudden and we're trying to deal with this great loss. Funeral arrangements will be made at Harrell Funeral Home on Frontier Trail here in South Austin. Please feel free to pass this information along to others who you think would need to know.

I will most more details when I have them.

Gerry W5MAY

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Patrick J. Worsham, WA5VRO SK

[​IMG]

Patrick (Pat) Joseph Worsham
    September 27, 1949 - December 21, 2019
    Patrick (Pat) Joseph Worsham, 70, passed away on December 21, 2019 in Austin, Texas. He was born on September 27, 1949 to Cayton and Helen Worsham in San Diego, California. He was a loving husband and father and will be greatly missed.
    Pat went to W. B. Ray High School in Corpus Christi, Tx. and graduated in 1967. He then attended Del Mar College and earned an A.A.S. degree. While attending college, he met his love, Libby Jo Van Hoff, and they married on December 22, 1972 in Odessa, Texas. They lived in Corpus Christi, Victoria, and finally settled in Austin, Texas, making friends along the way. While in Victoria, they had two children, Sarah and Aaron.
    Pat worked at Douglas Electronics in Corpus Christi and then took a job with Central Power and Light in Victoria. While there, he was given an opportunity to go to work with the Texas Health Department in Austin in emergency and public safety communications. He accepted that position and the family moved to Austin in 1981. He then transferred to the Texas Department of Transportation, also working in emergency communications. After working there for many years, he retired from the State. He then worked for TRC Engineering (formerly Alexander Utility) based out of San Antonio until finally retiring again in 2015.
    Pat was an active Amateur Radio Operator since high school with the call WA5VRO. After moving to Austin, he joined the Armadillo Intertie group where he made many friends who had similar interests. He was also a long-time lover of trains, especially restored steam engines, and planned most vacations somewhere close to a train excursion route, which the whole family enjoyed. He was also an amazing cook who hardly ever followed a recipe, but instead loved to just add a little of this and a little of that to make delicious meals that everyone enjoyed. Sarah and Aaron always looked forward each year to their birthday batch of homemade Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies.
    Pat is survived by his wife Libby Worsham of 47 years, his children Sarah Libby Worsham of Austin and Aaron Patrick Worsham of Quantico, VA., his sisters Margaret Hearrell of Chesapeake, VA., Mary Ellen Torrence and husband Paull of Woodland Park, CO., and Liz Valcik and husband Julius of Corpus Christi, Tx., and many loving relatives.
    He was preceded in death by his parents; his in-laws Joe and Marilyn Van Hoff; his aunt, Alice Payne, from New Orleans, LA.; his aunt and uncle Lydia P. and Claude L. Ory from Lafayette, LA.; and brother-in-law, Bob Hearrell of Chesapeake, VA.
    The family acknowledges a great outpouring of love and prayers from family and friends and are truly grateful. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the St. Ignatius Martyr Catholic Church or to Gold Ribbon Rescue caring for and fostering his favorite breed of dog, Golden Retrievers.
    Services are pending.
    https://www.harrellfuneralhomes.com/obituary/341723/Patrick-Worsham/

3. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

THANK YOU LEE,

animated Flag QRZ PAGE.gif
    ==== RED CROSS VOLUNTEER.png
    PRAYING HANDS WITH RAINBOW.jpg
    ====.==== candle_animation_1_.gif

RESPECTFULLY,