ad: wmr-1

W8WW SK

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, Aug 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

k8cpa writes "For those who haven't heard, in fact, I just found this out today.

Joe Keller W8WW Became a silent key after a long illness.

Joe was one of my best freinds. His loss has affected me deaply to say the least... here is my e-mail I sent to his e-mail address.

------------

Hi There,

I don't even know if this e-mail address is even in service anymore...
    But... I feel that I must write this.

I would like to extend my most sincere condolences to the family of Joe Keller, W8WW.
    Joe was a REAL Ham's Ham, in every sense of the Word. He was one of my best freinds, always good for a laugh and a great story. I will always miss his sense of humor and the fact that he was just a plain nice guy. He taught me never to take the hobby, Life, or anything for that matter too seriously, He was a true blue freind in every sense of the word. His voice, presence in Ham Radio, and everything else about him will be missed deeply...

Thanks for the Memories Joe and God Bless you, Wherever you are.

Signed,

-Charles P. Adkins K8CPA - Lincoln Park, Michigan

Joe Keller W8WW SK

--... ...-- --- --"

2. W9GRN

W9GRN QRZ Member QRZ Page

My condolences to the Joe Keller family and his friends.He sounds like a really fine person. I wish I had the chance to meet him.More than likely I would have learned a thing or two from him.

3. K4WDE

K4WDE Ham Member QRZ Page

What's the deal with all the old posts.
    Joe died in July 2001. His son owns his
    call now. Has QRZ been hacked?[​IMG]?

4. W9GRN

W9GRN QRZ Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (k4wde @ June 02 2004,11:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What's the deal with all the old posts.
    Joe died in July 2001.  His son owns his
    call now.  Has QRZ been hacked?[​IMG]?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Seems to be that way .If thats the case,it's unfortunate that a pathetic insect would drag someone in for his kicks. How sad.

5. KC8TIH

KC8TIH Guest

Yeah, something doesn't sound right, because I do remember him saying something about him taking over his dad's call and everything, and the fact of the post being back in 2001 (before I was a licensed ham)..that, and the fact that the now CURRENT W8WW isn't no older than 50, doesn't make a lot of sense.

Going through the current posts on QRZ, I wasn't really all too sure what all was going on with the posts, but a 3 year old post like that doesn't make sense...had me going there for a minute, cause James and I, although I havent spoke with him in a while, is still nonetheless a very nice person and it's never good to hear about a amateur operator passing away, regardless if it's friend or foe...

My 2 cents,

73 de Bobby - KC8TIH

6. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

This is what's known as a TROLL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.