W8HK POSSIBLE PIRATE 01/11/2020

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W8HK, Jan 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. W8HK

W8HK Ham Member QRZ Page

I noticed an increase of visits to my QRZ page yesterday.
    There were more than 74 hits and my US states flag counter more than doubled. on the 11th.
    I was not, I repeat, I WAS NOT on the air at all this week due to illness.
    Any contacts any brother ham made to my call, W8HK, was not talking to me.
    I apologize to all...this was beyond my control, obviously.

2. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

My best guess for the lookups is hams who want to eventually 'harvest' your "W" prefix 1x2 vanity callsign. These "W" 1x2 Group A callsigns are coveted and in very high demand.

3. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Another possible reason for a spurt in lookups, could be if some scammer using your callsign in a fake email address to respond to for sale or wanted to buy ads.

ND6M likes this.
  4. W2JKT

W2JKT Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes the vultures are circling...

5. AG4RT

AG4RT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Or possibly a zombie thread surfaced recently where you had participated.

6. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

you were sleep hamming.

7. WR1O

WR1O Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's most likely related to your RUSH album cover avatar and Neil Peart's untimely death. You probably show up on google searches for images and Neil wrote the RUSH song YYZ which was about Morse code for the Toronto airport identifier, every time they heard YYZ in Morse on the planes radio they knew they were home so Neil wrote a song about it.

N3AWS, KI7HSB and WJ4U like this.
  8. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

An aside, we also had an African Grey for several years. One of the most intelligent animals we ever met! We gave her up for adoption when we weren't around enough to keep her company, but everyone still remembers her.

9. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

This one time, at band camp 10 people looked me up on qrz. It has to be a Russian conspiracy, Australia is not even a real country and I am not even a real person. I went looking and i found Reds under by Bed, but that red was a bush fire and my house burned down.

We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

Clouds you say. Yes always the clouds. Now where is my cane i got some pointing to do.

WX7P, W4IOA, WR2E and 1 other person like this.
  10. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

^ don't mind him, likely a side effect of the smoke :)

N3AWS, K0GOV, WZ7U and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.