W7P "Phoenix from the Ashes" Special Event October 23-25, 2021

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events' started by W7UUU, Oct 18, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N2ATP

N2ATP Ham Member QRZ Page

welcome back on the air dave -- i tried working you last nite as you were booming into stuart florida but i guess the 100 watts & the wire just could not do it -- Maybe 1 day but all in all the new shack looks great

W7UUU likes this.
  2. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Same here from Smithville, NJ

Great signal but could not get through. Congrats on a great event!

W7UUU likes this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Well with a right wrist that hurts so bad I can barely use it to type this, it's all over (23:59 10/24)!

Thanks to all those I was able to get in the log!! :) I only wish my hand wasn't so messed up or I'd have surely done more

Ending stats:

390 QSOs logged, using about equal amounts of CW, SSB and FT8

46 DX Entities

23 CQ Zones

43 US States

6 Continents (all but Antarctica)

Most interesting DX: (Kingdom of) Lesotho, Africa on 20m CW and Kingdom of Eswatini, Africa on 15m FT8

VERY fun event - thanks to all! I'd say more but my right hand is about to fall off :)

Dave
    W7P/W7UUU

w7p me.jpg

KP4SX, NT9W, KD2UHD and 5 others like this.
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Just an update - thanks for all the SASE card requests - cards are soon to arrive and will go out as soon as I'm able.

I had some setbacks in getting them printed but fear not - those who sent an SASE will be getting a card in the mail!

Thanks again to all who joined in the event

Dave
    W7UUU

KP4SX, KD2UHD and W9JEF like this.