ad: Radclub22-1

W7LPV, Michael V. Schmitt, SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by AC5P, Jan 15, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. AC5P

AC5P Ham Member QRZ Page

Just found out passing of W7LPV, Sedona, AZ, Dec. 10, 2016
    Mike was a fine CW operator and classical piano player. Gave me a live lesson once

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Michael V. Schmitt, W7LPV SK

[​IMG]

Saturday, December 10, 2016, the Sedona/Cottonwood communities, lost a talented and gentle soul...Michael Schmitt.
    Michael Victor Schmitt, 76 yrs old and lived in Sedona, was born on December 17, 1939.
    Mike and his now deceased wife Karen, moved to Sedona in the early 80's.
    Mike loved this small tight knit community, as well as the fresh clean air.

He spent many hours using his God given talent to play his beloved piano. He made CD's of his classical piano playing and always boasted, "and I never charge a dime for them!"
    He was kind as well as generous with his time. Twice a week for years he would make the trip to and from Cottonwood, just to play for the hospice patients and at the assisted living house. He was very interested in philosophy, different religions, as well as UFO's. He grew up in Georgia and used to tell us his mom always said he was "special."
    He continued his education at Georgia Tech. He taught high school English for one year but said that the kids were just too rowdy.
    He eventually became a technical writer with Honeywell. He retired in the early 2000's waiting patiently for his bride Karen, our mom, to retire as well.
    Mike was loved and admired by many people.
    As step-children my brother Fred, sister Barb and I loved him because he loved our mom, and made her happy till her dying days.
    Thank you Mike....."you're special" - Ken K. Knight.

Services will be held at Westcott Funeral Home in Cottonwood on Monday, December 19, 2016 at 1:00pm.
    http://www.westcottfuneralhome.com/obituary/Michael-V.-Schmitt/Sedona-AZ/1679143