ad: wmr-1

W6WBJ: Jammer meets the Hammer

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by N6YW, Aug 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. N6YW

N6YW Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Finally, some progress and while this has nothing to do with AM so to speak,
    Billy the Bill Collector has been handed the butt kicking he has so richly deserved
    for decades. This link to a short article in the Sacramento Bee,
    http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article93318452.html
    doesn't really address the story other than his fine enforcement being confirmed,
    but as a former vice president and net manager for WARFA, I know very personally how this
    decision affects those persons who are members of WARFA and to those who
    tune into and check into the weekly WARFA nets. This will likely have zero impact on
    W6WBJ operating practices, nor will it squelch the constant jamming by others who
    pay homage to Mr. Crowell. However, it serves as a notice that the FCC has begun to have
    "some teeth" in tracking down and dealing with those who wish to cause trouble for those
    of us that practice civility and etiquette in the art of radio.
    Personally, I could care less. That battle between Billy and Moody WQ6I, (Moody who is a dear
    friend of mine) is theirs and I quit my attempts at fighting because it accomplished nothing.
    I saw the writing on the wall early on and I realized it was time to bail on this sort of
    craziness, and pretty much SSB in general. While WARFA is a fine organization full of wonderful
    people, it's the SSB jammer idiots who do all they can do bring down this hobby below the toilet.
    This has zero attraction to me. Period. Hence my constant love for all things AM and the fine
    operators who "Carry on" the signature of polite and technical acumen that personifies
    Amateur Radio and not the pathetic childish attempts of those who wish to cause
    discontent and harm.
    Sociopaths like William Crowell deserve harsh punishment because of the obvious depraved
    & disgusting behavior they emit on radio. Unfortunately, this egomaniac will keep transmitting
    even if his license is permanently revoked. Jail time is the only means in which to silence him.
    Let me be clear, I do not begrudge those who operate SSB in general, just the idiots specifically.
    AM is, and always will be King and we know that.
    73 de Billy N6YW

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  2. KA4KOE

KA4KOE Ham Member QRZ Page

How bout doze who operate ssb cuz they canna finda anyone on AM, Lad?

N6YW likes this.
  3. W5XJ

W5XJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Good news.

4. N6YW

I wish them luck, and 73.

5. KD2ACO

KD2ACO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

This was me last night. Tough conditions...

6. N2DTS

N2DTS Ham Member QRZ Page

There are jerks on AM as well. 80 meters comes to mind.

7. KD2ACO

KD2ACO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Oops! Wrong thread. :confused: It wasn't me jammin'!

8. WA3QGD

WA3QGD Ham Member QRZ Page

If someone keeps letting their cats loose in the sand box,even the good children are going to go away,One thing for certain,keep giving these fools attention they seek and the problem will not go away,treat em like a shunned Amish boy,So continue Monetizing the hobby boys,my self I make it a point to tell Adverizers exactly why I wont use their products or services

9. K5UJ

K5UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't know anything about this guy but lids are a great argument for running a maul. Strap and ignore.

W2VW and N6YW like this.
  10. N6YW

I run a squat kilowatt. Nobody bothers me. However, anyone who gets fined 25K for being a douche bag for over a decade
    on amateur radio deserves to be called out and made an example of.

AD7DY likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.