ad: CQMM-1

W6WBJ Apparent Liability in the amount of $25,000

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC7RUN, Dec 18, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

Some are good and decent people and others are liaryers, to say the least. Some even claim to be Constitutional lawyers and, to them, it apparently means they studied to learn how to circumvent the Constitution.

There are rascals in any profession. Some of this is due to honest ignorance but for some, it is a studied result.

I'm reminded of a guy who stole and revealed national secrets and used the excuse that it was to reveal a weakness in the system. It's like stealing something to prove it could be done and to show authorities that they fail at their craft. However, this can be pushed only so far until at last those same authorities "ain't gonna take it any more" and then they rise up and put an end to the lawlessness.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    WA9WVX, WA7PRC and W7CJD like this.
  2. N6KIA

N6KIA Ham Member QRZ Page

A big Thanks to the FCC. Its been along time coming.

W7AE and KK5R like this.
  3. AF7EC

AF7EC Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm just thrown by how brazen this guy was. Why mess with the FCC and get fined? Why willingly interfere at all? I guess I'll just never understand this kind of behavior...so wasteful and unnecessary. :( The guy must be lonely, suffering from mental illness or this is a cry for help...an awfully expensive cry at that!

KK5R likes this.
  4. W0AAT

W0AAT Ham Member QRZ Page

when coax goes missing or has a spike through it...

K3RW likes this.
  5. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

Just as America is by her nature "of, by and for the people," Ham Radio is of, by and for Amateurs.

When someone carelessly acts with a general lack of consistency to the customs of traditional ham radio communication which was based in its inception to be a public service, which was the main argument used to make provisions for amateur radio by Maxim and others, then regardless that there is no specific law, no certain words that deny the ability to use "foul and vulgar gutter-talk language," and there are complaints about it by the general amateur community, then the FCC is not necessarily obligated to take care of it but should, at least, take notice of it.

I suspect that a lot of the people at the FCC are no longer old hams, as was found at one time, but are legal professionals and technicians who are not steeped in the lore of Ham Radio. Since there are also few in the FCC dedicated to handling the renegades and interlopers, then it behooves hams like us to inform them and make it clear that it is unacceptable.

We are supposed to be "self-policing" but this does not mean we are to carry a big stick. The formality is to inform the FCC of unacceptable practices and let them handle it, where needed and necessary. If we go along with it, the FCC apparently feels no real reason to jump on it and, in a sense, we are quietly condoning it. Therefore, we do need to keep up the pressure and keep the information path open to the FCC, not in fear of their tiring of it. This is not a frivolous thing.

I would also hope and expect the ARRL to be part of this because the FCC has given attention to the ARRL where individual hams have too often been politely ignored.

K6SSA, WA9WVX and AF7EC like this.
  6. AC8RV

AC8RV Ham Member QRZ Page

§97.113 Prohibited transmissions.

(a) No amateur station shall transmit:

(1) Communications specifically prohibited elsewhere in this part;

(2) Communications for hire or for material compensation, direct or indirect, paid or promised, except as otherwise provided in these rules;

(3) Communications in which the station licensee or control operator has a pecuniary interest, including communications on behalf of an employer, with the following exceptions:

(i) A station licensee or station control operator may participate on behalf of an employer in an emergency preparedness or disaster readiness test or drill, limited to the duration and scope of such test or drill, and operational testing immediately prior to such test or drill. Tests or drills that are not government-sponsored are limited to a total time of one hour per week; except that no more than twice in any calendar year, they may be conducted for a period not to exceed 72 hours.

(ii) An amateur operator may notify other amateur operators of the availability for sale or trade of apparatus normally used in an amateur station, provided that such activity is not conducted on a regular basis.

(iii) A control operator may accept compensation as an incident of a teaching position during periods of time when an amateur station is used by that teacher as a part of classroom instruction at an educational institution.

(iv) The control operator of a club station may accept compensation for the periods of time when the station is transmitting telegraphy practice or information bulletins, provided that the station transmits such telegraphy practice and bulletins for at least 40 hours per week; schedules operations on at least six amateur service MF and HF bands using reasonable measures to maximize coverage; where the schedule of normal operating times and frequencies is published at least 30 days in advance of the actual transmissions; and where the control operator does not accept any direct or indirect compensation for any other service as a control operator.

(4) Music using a phone emission except as specifically provided elsewhere in this section; communications intended to facilitate a criminal act; messages encoded for the purpose of obscuring their meaning, except as otherwise provided herein; obscene or indecent words or language; or false or deceptive messages, signals or identification.

WA9WVX, AF7EC, KK4NA and 2 others like this.
  7. N6BIZ

N6BIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

GREAT ENTERTAINMENT

KT6KT likes this.
  8. K7YB

K7YB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

what the hell takes so-o-o-o-o-o-o-o long with the F.C.C.? World's Biggest Jerk and his buddies should have been closed down a LONG time ago. Do we have to eventually resort to vigilante justice to get the message across?....wrapping a chain around a tower or coax and driving off used to solve this kind of problem.

K3RW likes this.
  9. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

Prezactly...

K4XJ likes this.
  10. W2NAP

W2NAP Ham Member QRZ Page

unenforceable, Fed courts smacked the FCC down in the early 80s on the language thing. N6BHU vs FCC 1981

Thus anyone can get on air and drop F bombs every other word and cuss up a storm. only choice you have is to spin the vfo and go elsewhere.

Honestly people need to learn some case law, before they go spouting the language thing.

11. KA2UVI

KA2UVI Ham Member QRZ Page

Unenforceable, Fed courts smacked the FCC down in the early 80s on the language thing. N6BHU vs FCC 1981

Thus anyone can get on air and drop F bombs every other word and cuss up a storm. only choice you have is to spin the vfo and go elsewhere.

Then how did the conviction of KG6IRO happen for the very same issue in Dec 2005 on all counts including jamming?

12. N8PC

N8PC Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes it is re read 97.113 and you will see that "obscene or indecent words or language" are prohibited. hence illegal on the ham bands.

KK5R likes this.
  13. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Regulation or not, I wouldn't want to be known as someone who thinks nothing of using vulgar language, and goes out of his way to make life unpleasant for others. I wonder if Billy's mama knows he's been a poophead.

vy 73 es gl,
    Bryan WA7PRC

KQ6UP and KK5R like this.
  14. WB6MMJ

WB6MMJ Ham Member QRZ Page

We, out here on the West Coast, have been having to put up with W6WBJ`s antics for years. I heard about his NAL this morning and I must say, that really made my day. I heard him come on 7.255 this morning and someone asked him about the NAL. Billy said, "what NAL" He did`nt get the news. He said " let me check on that" He came back and tried to down play it. From then on he has been acting like a victim. LOL I have been listening to him for years doing what he has been doing on 40 and 75 / 80 meters. He is no victim. He is getting what he deserves. The way to get people, like him, off of the air is to write complaints to the F.C.C. and keep doing it until they take action. There have been thousands of complaints made against Billy and it is now paying off. Thank you to the F.C.C. for finally getting him the second time. Billy has another case waiting to be heard by the ALJ. This second bust will help get rid of him and the F.C.C.`s case against him looks solid.

N6KIA and KK5R like this.
  15. W8OTR

W8OTR Ham Member QRZ Page

Define indecent or foul language ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.