ad: HamHats-1

W6VNQ

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KN6VNQ, Jun 29, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KN6VNQ

KN6VNQ Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] My grandfather, David (W6VNQ) passed away on February 13th, 2019. He bacame very ill starting with gout in his left foot and came down with other issues such as AFib. He was set to have surgery to fix the AFib, but unfortunatly, the Eliquis blood thinners did the opposite of what it was supposed to do. He suffered many mini strokes and a major one. We decided to bring him home to a more comfortable place to pass. He peacefully passed at 2:30 AM, leaving behind a son, a step son (my father), 4 grand children (including me), and 1 great grand-child. I will try to carry on his legacy in amateur radio as KN6VNQ, but no one will top his skills within the hobby, he was a master in VHF/UHF contesting. I decided to get my license 6 months after his passing and build from the ground up.

Grandpa Dave, I love you and I miss you. I wish I would've gotten my license sooner so that we could've made our own little contests. 73 and I hope you're doing much better wherever you are.

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My Condolences,

I found his Obit and posted it to his QRZ Page.

https://www.qrz.com/db/W6VNQ

[​IMG]

Harry D. Towle, W6VNQ SK

H. David Towle passed away at his home surrounded by his loving family on Feb. 13.

He was grandpa, grandpa Dave, pop, and Dave to those he loved.

He was born in Auburn on July 8, 1945 and grew up in West Sacramento.

He graduated from James Marshall High School and later graduated from Sacramento City College with an AA degree in Civil Engineering and later attended National University.He began his career with the State of California as a surveyor on the Oroville Dam.

He later joined the University of California as an Assistant Engineer and promoted several times to Assistant Director, Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Office of Facilities Planning and Management.

He retired in 2004.David is survived by his wife, Eleanor; sister, Barbara; children, Mike, Jeffrey, Brian Gersalia and his wife, Sophia; mother in law, Martina Sandoval; seven grandchildren, and one great grandson.

Dave impacted many lives with his honesty, integrity, stubbornness, sense of responsibility, and loyalty to family and friends. He taught and exemplified the importance of forgiveness, patience and unconditional love to his family.

His wisdom and stories will be missed by his family, not to mention his BBQ Tri Tip!

A celebration of life will be held at a later date.

To Plant Memorial Trees in memory, please visit our Sympathy Store.
    Published in Daily Democrat from Feb. 20 to Feb. 21, 2019.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dailydemocrat/obituary.aspx?n=h-david-towle&pid=191601891

3. KN6VNQ

KN6VNQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you very much for your help and condolences.

4. N2AU

N2AU Ham Member QRZ Page

Brian

My belated condolences on the passing of your grandfather. I am not sure how you go about it. since you are a relative, I believe you are able to request your grandfather's callsign as yours.

Art-N2AU