ad: Halibut-1

W6RJS, Model Ham

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by W3RXO, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. W3RXO

W3RXO Ham Member QRZ Page

W6RJS, Ronald J Stucker, died from complications of a hit and run accident. The accident occurred several months back, and Ron dealt with many complications since the accident. They finally overtook his ability to recover, and he passed the evening of October 21.
    Ron was instrumental in the local case against Jack Gerritson, and due to that, the federal prosecutor was able to convict Gerritson on the federal charges, which actually placed him in prison. See: http://www.qsl.net/n6uso/jackinbox120days.html and http://california_now.blogspot.com/2005_07_17_archive.html

Ron was an entertaining sort, and always seemed to be in a jovial mood, frequently reminding folks who got a little too wrapped up in the "Peyton Place" that can occur on radio, that it was "Just radio, it's supposed to be FUN". His frequent sign-off was to say "W6RJS, model ham".
    Ron will be missed by his family, friends, his beautiful little daughter, and his beloved Ingrid. The thoughts and compassion of his many friends go out to, his parents, Ingrid, and his daughter. He was always a good, and true friend to me, and most of us who really were his friends, know that his friendship was loyal, and steadfast.
    We all miss you Ronnie.
    73, to the "Model Ham", from all of the B.O.O.B.S.

2. N6DPG

N6DPG Ham Member QRZ Page

Silent Key missed!

I met Ron on the 2 meter repeater because he talked to my wife(ki6eqp). Ron was a very funny guy that really loved to BBQ.He could describe in deatil exactly what it took to make what ever he wanted as long as it "tasted really good"!He brought many a smile and even tears to my eyes as he described events in his life. He dearly loved his wife and daughter and listening to him as he cared for his daughter, you knew it was a true love. My wife and I will miss this big, fun loving guy, may he rest in peace, 73! Dan n6dpg, Lynne n6dpg

3. KD6HDX

KD6HDX Ham Member QRZ Page

Ron was young, too young to die. Godspeed Ron. My thoughts are with Ingrid.

To my fellow hams, the next time you sit down for some BBQ, think of Ron.

Dave KD6HDX

4. K6BH

K6BH Ham Member QRZ Page

Ron, the gentle gaint.
    Always there to point out something to raise a smile or to remind you that you made a fool of yourself.
    Always there to pick on my accent or to comment on something on the news.
    Always there in our hearts.

AE6BH, The Limey

5. KQ6ZZ

KQ6ZZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

W6RJS - "Model Ham" now (SK) Good-Bye my friend!

Ronald Stucker, 10-20-1970 to 10-22-2009
    W6RJS "Ron" to all of his friends on, or off the air. Some even called him "Ronnie" He would always sign on and off of the repeaters with "W6RJS - Model Ham." I knew him for about 10 years, and that was an action packed 10 years on the amateur radio repeaters here in So. Cal. He had a radio personalty that would intimidate some, especially the newbies to HAM radio. His hard core bad ass attitude on the radio, was some of the funniest times to date. If ya pissed him off, he would threaten to come over to your home, and "Throw you around like a rag doll!" But to all of us that knew this gentle giant of a man, knew it was mostly just an act. He had a BIG kind heart, and if need be, would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. He was also the "B-B-Q KING!" He was always talking about doing a dry rub on some type of meat, or one of his favorites, "Beer up the butt chicken" as he put it. That was his specialty. A can of good beer, and the chicken would sit on top of it on the grill. He often would talk about his little girl, Amanda, the love of his life. I can only hope that someday the ones that knew Ron the best, can sit down with her, and tell her all about how good her daddy was. My thoughts and prayers go out to her. And to Ingrid, we all feel and morn your loss. But none more than you dear. We, the B.O.O.B.S "Best Operators On Box Springs", will always have some of the fondest, and funniest memories of Ron! Enough to last a life time! God's speed Ron! Thanks for ALL the great memories.

W6RJS de KQ6ZZ
    73 OM!! :(
    K

His picture can be found here:http://www.boxspringsrepeater.com

6. AF6EI

AF6EI Ham Member QRZ Page

W6RJS Model Ham

I never met Ron in person, only on 2 meters.
    I will miss the friday night "Merry Net" , hi, on my drive home from work
    on Friday nights.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas Ron. Hope to meet you on the other side.

Dan AF6EI

7. KB9NVD

KB9NVD Ham Member QRZ Page

:( :( :( :( :(

I have tried to think back to the first time I met Ron. But I just can’t remember. I have known Ron well over 15 years. I do know that we first met on CB like a lot of others had. Ron and I had several mutual friends. We have been through this before. But this time it is not Ron and I hanging out honoring a passing of a friend. It is Ron himself that I try to honor. A friend like Ron is a hard thing to describe.
    One time I remember Ron he was ripped, huge, not fat like a lot of you think. He was well over 6ft and built like a tank. I remember him when he came up and bear hugged me, crying the night a friend was killed in front of us. That is the Ron I choose to remember. The man with the heart of a pussycat.
    I am honored to have known Ron. In his passing a lot of things have ran through my mind. But the best I can say is I shall miss you. I can’t even begin to express my sympathies to his daughter and Old lady (Ingrid) she knows what I mean.
    May you travel well in your journey to greater places in this universe.

8. N6LAU

N6LAU Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm sorry to hear of Ron's passing. He was one of the first people I talked to when I first got licensed and it's hard to believe that he's gone. My heart and prayers go out to Ingrid, Amanda, and the rest of Ron's family and friends during this difficult time. 73 Ron.

Joe
    N6LAU

9. W3RXO

W3RXO Ham Member QRZ Page

I know I started this thread, but......

What I said in the first post, was TOTALLY inadequate to properly express the deep sorrow I feel with Ron's passing. I only had the pleasure to know him a bit over 3 1/2 years. But, those were a great time. Ron and I became quite close, and he would totally give me a ration of excrement, for being so sappy about him, if he were around to read this. The Ron we all knew, would have scoffed at someone being syrupy over him. He would want us to hoist an adult beverage, crack a joke, even if he were the butt of the joke, and go on remembering him, as the good man we all knew him to truly be.
    Ron, was ALWAYS a man of his word, right up to the end. He said what he meant, and he meant what he said. There was no second guessing how Ron felt about you. If you were his friend, you had a TRUE friend, to the end, and if he were your adversary, he was a formidable one at that.
    Ronnie, I still have that bottle of Campo Azul Tequila Reposado, that I promised you, and one day, a few of your REAL friends, and Ingrid, and I, will consume it in your honor. We'll crack jokes, and you'll likely be the butt of many of those jokes. But, I know that's how you would want it. But we will honor your memory in a way that you would want.
    Ronnie, you were my friend. I mourn your loss, and I miss you already. I keep thinking back to that last couple of long conversations that we had, where we talked about Gunsmoke, and other old T.V. Westerns, that you had gained a new appreciation for. Those will be good memories, that I will take to my grave, then one day, in the hereafter, we can take up those conversations, again. Until then, my friend, I'll leave you with the Credo you had hanging in your shack:
    Life should not be a journey to the grave
    with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.
    Rather, it should be a race, ending by skidding in sideways, throttle in one hand, tequila in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming....
    "What a F@#%ING ride".
    I will always look forward to that day, when we can reminisce the old times, again. So long, my friend.

10. N6HS

N6HS Ham Member QRZ Page

Good by Ronnie

While I never really did know "Ronnie" I did talk to him several times. Ron always had a jolly tone to his voice and seldom unless provoked had a negative thing to say about his friends on the air. The world will be a bit sadder place with the passing or Ron. May God bless Ingrid and his duaghter, two people that Ron truly loved.
    73 Ron.
    Harvey ~ N6HS :(

11. KG6JTB

KG6JTB Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, this is shocking. Ron was always on the air and I spoke to him several times. Nice guy. Very sad to hear this.

12. K2EZY

K2EZY Ham Member QRZ Page

Ron W6RJS

I didn't know ron, But based on what I've heard about him, he sounds like he was a great man. If my oldest and Best friend Gary Kq6zz liked him thats all I need to know! 73 Ron.. Maybe see you some day on the other side. My condolences to his wife, daughter, And his parents, and all his friends on the west coast... 73 de N2PET Scott in NY..

13. WA5CYR

WA5CYR Ham Member QRZ Page

Didn't know you BUT.....

Ron,
    Didn't know you and as far as I know never met you on the air in my 47 years of Hamming. However, you sound like you could have been one of my best Ham buddies if we'd only had a QSO or two. Look around up there and find out why Heaven Ham Station has been off the air for so long. Someone needs to dust the old station down and get things working again up there. Maybe we'd have more people interested in getting their license down here if we could get "Back on the Air" UP there!

Dan WA5CYR (since 1962)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.