ad: wmr-1

W6PV

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by K3SAM, Nov 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K3SAM

K3SAM Ham Member QRZ Page

You don't have much strength in any sale made over the internet, however if the check was sent and received via the United States Postal Service, you have a Federal Case of Postal Fraud.  Go to the post office and fill out the forms, ASAP.  

Never, repeat, never send a check by UPS or Federal Express.  You give up your rights of government protection.  If possible, protect yourself by getting the sale in writing by USPS too, if it goes sour, it is also postal fraud.

Also, log onto www.ifccfbi.gov to report this.  They deal with internet fraud.  They are new, and it takes them awhile, but it never hurts.

-Sam

2. KA2V

KA2V Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks to all that responded with your opinions,The Gentleman in Question has contacted me and Stated he will refund my money by mail on December 2nd,I will keep you posted.God Bless Him.

UPDATE:
    I Did receive my money back today from W6PV,Full refund via US Postal Service....Case Closed For Me...12/05/02

Tnx
        Rev.Michael P. Bellow  NX2C

3. N1PXA

N1PXA Ham Member QRZ Page

Did he state that He had shipped? He told me that he shipped Parcel Post, Why I'll never understand. Why in the name of god does anyone still ship parcel post when Priority is maybe %20 more expensive. the two times I've been unfortunate enough to have something shipped parcel post it's taken longer than UPS ground, and I didn't think there was a worse service than UPS brown. One of the times it took a parcel 6 BUISNESS DAYS to make the 100 miles from Portland, ME to Boston, MA. Do they subcontract this traffic to mule trains?

Still haven't seen my ic-720 or vx-1r.

Will, N1PXA

4. KC9CEW

KC9CEW Ham Member QRZ Page

HEY NOW,UPS has to feed those mules,hence the rate increase 1/1/03.hehe

5. N1PXA

N1PXA Ham Member QRZ Page

All is well. Recieved both radios as described. Would have wished for quicker responses to email, but all sems to have worked out.

Thanks, Will, N1PXA

6. AA4IH

AA4IH Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (n1pxa @ Dec. 05 2002,11:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Did he state that He had shipped?  He told me that he shipped Parcel Post, Why I'll never understand. Why in the name of god does anyone still ship parcel post when Priority is maybe %20 more expensive. the two times I've been unfortunate enough to have something shipped parcel post it's taken longer than UPS ground, and I didn't think there was a worse service than UPS brown. One of the times it took a parcel 6 BUISNESS DAYS to make the 100 miles from Portland, ME to Boston, MA. Do they subcontract this traffic to mule trains?

Still haven't seen my ic-720 or vx-1r.

Will, N1PXA[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    In my experience, UPS has been much faster than USPS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.