ad: MLSons-1

W5VAS - Uncle Hank

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K4KAL, Mar 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K4KAL

K4KAL Ham Member QRZ Page

This past weekend, I became aware that "Uncle Hank", W5VAS passed away.   I don't live in the New Orleans area anymore, but was able to confirm the loss from a email exchange with Mike W5ZPA in New Orleans.  Out of respect to him and his wife Betty I felt I should post this message.  There may be others who know Hank, and don't even know.  I know he was very active on 6 meters and liked working the grids.  I met Hank many years ago when my call was WD5BJQ and living in Metairie, LA.  I have some wonderful memories working DX together, and just rag chewing late at night on 10 meters with Tony (WB5SSD), Buster (?), Ron (WA5ZFP) and others.  I lost my mom in April of 2003, and used to visit Hank frequently when my mom was in the hospital/hospice facilities.  She later died about 2 months later.  Hank gave me a lot of support during my difficult times, and I hope someone in New Orleans is helping Betty.  I am sure my Mom and Hank will run into one another in heaven and hopefully sit back and talk about me her son, and the fun times we had together with Amateur Radio and how this hobby was a major impact to my life.  "Amateur Radio is a Life Style" for many of us today.  Hank, Betty... You will always be in my prayers.  We will miss you my Friend. 73's, from Keith, K4KAL [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.