ad: ARR

W4XXL

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by K4ATR, Jul 15, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K4ATR

K4ATR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Seen an add on QTH AL-1200 for 1200.00 from Lexington ky says he will travel to meet within reason i responded that i would buy it if he deliver it to me since i was 20 mile away. His response was i dont accept txt and no he will not drive that far. then i responded well i guess you know for sure it is junk if your offering to meet but not deliver it where it can be tested. He started cussing me then but was i unreasonable ? also see https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/eimac-3cx1200a7-tube.177642/

73's K4ATR

2. N0TLD

N0TLD Subscriber QRZ Page

Well it looks like ol' Still-Talks-on-CB Dan is still at it. Sad. And irritating -- the guy's been doing this for a decade or more, selling something subtly misrepresented and then claiming "as-is," and "I couldn't test it," and "I'm not technical so I don't know" as his main defense when a buyer discovers the ruse. He seems to treat other hams pretty shabbily. Sad.

Also, why is 20 miles too far to drive for either of you? Just curious, no sarcasm intended.

Mike
    N0TLD

KA2FIR likes this.
  3. K4ATR

K4ATR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I offered to come to his house he said no because i would see that he in fact has a way to test it. he deleted the add and now has 1 on qth asking if anyone can test a 3cx1200 tube so now he is trying to fix it.

4. N0TLD

N0TLD Subscriber QRZ Page

Right, that makes sense. Of course he wouldn't want anyone to visit him, at any time. What a sneak.

Mike
    N0TLD