W4RTT - Terrible Purchase Experience

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by KB3GGC, Nov 19, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. W8NIC

W8NIC Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, but this warned me not to buy or sell anything from this seller.

2. AA7EJ

AA7EJ Ham Member QRZ Page

If this happed BI ( Before Internet ) you would probably solve it without going public.
    Sorry, but here is a short note :
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...aveat_emptor&usg=AOvVaw0MLvpbIPdTx0p737xd9pxA

If you posted your - what should be private exchange - to let us know about your experience, same reply can be found again here:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...aveat_emptor&usg=AOvVaw0MLvpbIPdTx0p737xd9pxA

There is a definite difference between sharing (whatever) and displaying your dirty laundry in public.

73 Shirley

PS
    I have given away piece of nonworking test gear. The "buyer" was well aware of the condition and agree to pay shipping. It took us few month to complete the deal - me looking for suitable BIG box , him to send the money. All very cordial - so SOME of us have positive experience and do not gossip about it here.

3. KB3GGC

KB3GGC Ham Member QRZ Page

Shirley / AA7EJ,
    The reason for your alleged "airing dirty laundry" is because W4RTT did not refund my money and I wanted to warn other potential buyers to the scam. Isn't this the reason for this buyer /seller reference page....to give either a positive or negative reference? My experience is NOT gossip. Gossip is something trite or trivial. I lost $800 on the deal with this seller. Perhaps this is "gossip" to you, but not to me!!
    Randy KB3GGC

N3AB likes this.
  4. W8NIC

I agree. Gossip? Prolly from a woman’s point of view. This is the “ham to ham” reference post. Helps us identify scammers.

5. KD7DFV

KD7DFV Ham Member QRZ Page

How did HE transmit on a RECEIVER??

6. WF4W

WF4W XML Subscriber QRZ Page

i've been in RTT's position. I sold a perfectly functional FT-890 transceiver. It left my house working - i made many, many QSOs on that rig and some very shortly before sending it off to the buyer. A week later, he claims it doesn't work and wants to send it back for a refund! NO WAY! I have no idea if it was dropped, if it was hooked up correctly, what antenna was attached, etc. once it was in his possession. I refused a refund and was called a few names which, frankly, I didnt care about b/c I KNOW I was right and had a clear conscience.

Our current media is rife with "(s)he said / s(he) said" scenarios where the accuser is automatically believed and the person accused is demonized. It's as equally plausible that YOU did something to bust the receiver as it is that he send you a busted receiver.

N3AB likes this.
  7. W8NIC

I don’t know about you but I sold a perfectly working ic-746 Pro not long ago. After 2 days of the buyer using it, claims it wasn’t working properly. I IMMEDIATELY offered a refund and upon getting radio back, triple stacking was malfunctioning.
    I gave the buyer benefit of the doubt because It could have happened in transit but after having it checked by a very qualified tech, was told someone had gone in the radio.
    Oh well, this is why I will only sell if it’s local pick up.

8. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

9. KB3GGC

KB3GGC Ham Member QRZ Page

W4FW,
    I am not sure if you saw the portion of this message where the seller (W4RTT) has posted a couple of months earlier that he accidentally transmitted into the Icom receiver (R8500) that he sold to me. This was not a situation whereby I abused or mis-represented the item being damaged. Here is the posting of W4RTT once again where he mentions about his mistake and then "coincidentally" the same issue was apparent in the exact same receiver that I purchased from him:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/icom-receivers/354715-low-hf-sensetivity.html

10. WF4W

WF4W XML Subscriber QRZ Page

oh, i wasnt implying you did abuse the item - I was speaking in generalities.