ad: chuckmartin

W4OKM

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KL7FZ/SK2022, Aug 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KL7FZ/SK2022

KL7FZ/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

My father, W4OKM, Steve, passed away last year. I still have not come to terms with it. We had many great times on the air as we were so far apart geographically. I sure miss hearing him on 20 meters. I can't turn on the radio yet without expecting to hear his call and voice.
    73 Old Man.
    Steve  KL7FZ

2. W2QGA

W2QGA Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow. To hear someone in the same position I am in brings some comfort. My dad, W2QGA, also became a silent key just about a year ago. We had many QSOs on 20 meters and I too have a hard time turning on the radio - expecting to hear him on 14216 every day at 4 pm. I'm considering getting his call. Best of luck to you and also 73 to my OM.

3. KG7OY

KG7OY Ham Member QRZ Page

I also am in the same position. My dad Harry, N9MNG became a silent key in March. We met on 15 meters, 21.386 often for many years. Earlier when we were both novice operators we met at 21.149. Our QSO's kept us very close over the distance. I miss him every day.

Bill KG7OY

4. N0MIN

N0MIN Ham Member QRZ Page

I used to work my dad on 75 meters and 2 meters all the time. We had a weekly sked. I really miss him and the fun we had avoiding long distance tolls. He passed away in 1998. His call was WB0AWX. I never got around to notifying the FCC. His license expires in 2007, I'll just let it lapse so I can look him up once in a while. It makes him seem to be less far away. I miss my dad too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.