ad: HamHats-1

W3OY Remembered

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by W3OY, Dec 15, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W3OY

W3OY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I recently upgraded to an Amateur Extra class license. My wife liked a call sign coming available, W3ZD, so I went for it. I applied for a couple more just in case. I was awarded W3OY by pure chance. Fast forward a couple weeks, I come across an old QSL card on Ebay for W3OY from 1968. I can't help myself and buy it. This starts a deep dive into the early history of Amateur Radio and the life of one of the early operators, Arthur C Jacoby. I posted what I've found so far to my QRZ page as a tribute to a great radio operator who is gone, but will not be forgotten if I have anything to say about it.

https://www.qrz.com/db/W3OY

K8PG, N1VAU, N4FZ and 1 other person like this.
  2. W0AQ

W0AQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll read it! I've done the same on my page about my old call.

N1VAU likes this.
  3. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't know if you knew Dave, W3ZD. He was a VHF/UHF contester with the Mt. Airy (Pa) club also know as the Pack Rats. I worked Dave many times in contests. I see his call has been reissued.

K8PG likes this.
  4. W3OY

I didn't. I was just licensed for the first time in May. Having tons of fun though.

N1VAU and K3XR like this.
  5. W3OY

I am trying to find someone to recreate the original W3OY QSL card for me. Reddy Kilowatt is awesome.

Attached Files:

6. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

7. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

https://www.jeffk1nss.com/

73 ES HAPPY HOLIDAYS

8. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Very nicely done, I mean REALLY NICE tribute to the original holder of W3OY on your BIO page.
    Very classy!

W7UUU likes this.
  9. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

I agree 100%. VERY nicely done.

Dave
    W7UUU

10. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

DAVE MERRY CHRISTMAST - ---W7UUU- YOU ERLY GOOD MODERATOR : HI vy73 DJOAJ ekrem and happy new year 2021- sincerrely

W7UUU likes this.
  11. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Thank you Ekrem :)

Frohe Weihnachten, mein Freund.

Dave
    W7UUU

12. DJ0AJ

DANKE DIER MEIN LIEBER DAVE ALLES GUTTE INDER NEUES 2021 vy73 DJOAJ ekrem

W7UUU likes this.
  13. KO4DNM

KO4DNM Ham Member QRZ Page

@W3OY & @W0AQ
    Thanks to both of you, really nicely done! Possibly the two most interesting QRZ pages I've seen so far. I will do the same if I decide to get a vanity call.

W0AQ likes this.
  14. W3OY

Thanks to all. I just feel like it's my responsibility to make sure this info lives on.... Maybe the next W3OY will find it some day;)

K8PG, K1LKP, W0AQ and 1 other person like this.
  15. DJ0AJ

w3oy greeting vy73 DJOAJ ekrem