ad: M2Ant-1

W2GFF Richard Peacock sk

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KD4UPQ, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KD4UPQ

KD4UPQ Ham Member QRZ Page

We will truly miss "Dick" Peacock and all that he did for ham radio locally and internationally.

[​IMG]
    RICHARD J PEACOCK of FAIRHOPE, ALABAMA

Richard J. Peacock passed away Saturday, February 6, 2010 in Mobile at the age of 90. He was a former longtime resident of Setauket, NY and a resident of Fairhope. Mr. Peacock retired in 1989 from AIL on Long Island, NY after thirty years of service. He was a lifelong amateur radio operator, active member of the South Baldwin Amateur Radio Club, a member of the American Radio Relay League and on the DCXX Honor roll. Mr. Peacock was an active DX Chaser and a true inspiration to every amateur radio operator who knew him. He is survived by his beloved wife, Vera Peacock of Fairhope; two daughters, Susan Carver of Palatine, IL, Karen Marsman of Niles, MI; one son, Jeff Peacock of Silvana, WA; one sister, Marjorie Bird of Lowville, NY; five grandchildren, Christopher Carver of Aurora, IL, Steven Carver of Fox Lake, IL, Ann Carver of Rock Island, IL, Rachel Peacock and Rich Peacock, both of Washington state; four great grandchildren and numerous other loving family members and friends. Visitation will be Tuesday, February 9, 2010 from 6:30 pm - 8 pm at Wolfe-Bayview Funeral Home in Fairhope. Funeral services will be Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 11 am from the funeral home chapel. Entombment will follow at Memory Gardens of Fairhope. Arrangements by Wolfe-Bayview Funeral Home & Crematory 19698 Greeno Road Fairhope, AL 36532

Published in Press-Register on February 8, 2010

2. N2AU

N2AU Ham Member QRZ Page

W2GFF

This is truly very sad news. I will miss saying hello to Dick on 6 meters, as I have done, for many Es seasons. RIP Dick.

Art-N2AU

3. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

Very sad news, I've worked him on 6 meter CW a few times. I finally got a QSL from him last year. RIP

4. K2EDM

K2EDM Ham Member QRZ Page

w2gff

Sad news indeed. Worked with Dick @AIL and worked him many times after he retired and moved down south. Six meters will be quieter.. k2lck

5. NZ3M

NZ3M XML Subscriber QRZ Page

RIP Dick

Will miss his wonderful melodic tones from the bug on 6m.

RIP Dick, will miss you

Dave

6. W4WB

W4WB Ham Member QRZ Page

RIP Dick

Dick was a friend for over the past ten years and introduced me to the Hex-Beam antenna which he truly enjoyed using. I still recall him taking me up onto the roof of his home to get a close-up view of the Hex-Beam. I purchased one then (2000). As his daugher Karen told me recently, he was still getting up on the roof at age 90 to "play" with his antennas.

You will be missed my friend.

73 de Barry W4WB
    Huntsville, Alabama

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.