ad: AbAuRe-1

W2FCP - Edward J. Busch

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by W2FCP, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W2FCP

W2FCP Ham Member QRZ Page

This is a little late notice, but I just received my Tech license yesterday.

My grandfather, Edward J. Busch W2FCP passed away January of 1999. He was born in 1901 in Hapstuhl Germany. He ran his shack out of the basement of his house in Ozone Park New York. He held an Advanced ticket. I am not exactly sure of when he first received his license though, if anyone could be of assistance in tracking that down I would really appreciate it.

When he passed I inherited the majority of his HAM equipment. Some of the older items were donated to a museum. I inherited his Hallicrafters SR-160, Globe Electronics HG-303 and VFO-10, Swan Mark I Amp, and his Keyer. I remember sitting in his shack listening to him talk around the world. I even remember hearing the "no lids, no kids..." over the air.

I was stationed in Germany upon his passing so I just received his gear the end of May. I set a goal to get my Tech license as fast as I could so that I could apply to get his Call.

2. K4GUN

K4GUN Ham Member QRZ Page

Excellent first post. I'm sure your grandfather would be proud.

3. W2FCP

W2FCP Ham Member QRZ Page

Today the FCC granted my request to obtain my Grandfather's callsign.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.