W1EFT PAUL LOSPENNATO - scammer

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KC6AUP, Jul 12, 2019.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

OP hasn't been back since posting yesterday. Hopefully he will and can fill us in on the details.

2. KC6AUP

KC6AUP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As far as I can tell, I'm dealing with the REAL W1EFT, as it was shipped to his home of record, and the return was from his home of record.

3. KC6AUP

Sorry guys for not coming back sooner, I'm on a really strange sleep schedule, and add to the fact that Comcast can't seem to keep my internet up, however, yes, that is the posting, one odd thing is the sold price was $35, not the $40 reported, not sure why ebay has it listed for what it is listed at.

4. KC6AUP

He payed with PayPal, and did open the package, and return the other item in a different box. I don't normally sell stuff on ebay, due to this exact fear, however, I will in the future, if I sell again, do a much better job taking pictures of the item before sending it. Sort of like I would if I was sending something to an ex-wife.

The only messages I got from Ebay was that he received the package, then a day or so later was returning it.

5. KC6AUP

This was sent to his listed address on QRZ, I have the PDF shipping label if you'd like to see it.

6. KC6AUP

Sorry if I double posted to you, however, as I mentioned below/above, it went to his home of record, and I have NO IDEA who PJLayne is, it could be a case where he used someone else's Ebay account to buy the item, since he may not have an account, I myself have done this for people, however, I always have the item shipped to me, then hand deliver it to the person I acted as an agent for, after opening it up and doing an inspection. I consider the transaction between the seller and myself, not the seller and the "friend", with me just being the go-between.

7. KC6AUP

The first listing you posted is/was not the item, the second one you posted was the item, and you, I am dgdimick, anyone can get that info off my QRZ page

8. KC6AUP

THAT"S THE BEST IDEA I"VE HEARD ALL DAY, I'll definitely have that on my next posting, if I ever sell another bit of kit on ebay, or even QRZ.

KJ4VTH likes this.
  9. KC6AUP

Ebay sent me a response tonight, I guess it does pay to be dishonest...

This is going to seriously effect me selling anything with out very restrictive terms on Ebay in the future.

73's
    Denis

10. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Glad you had a good, although extremely rare, outcome under those circumstances. Keep in mind that all the restrictive terms in the world will be of little help to you on any site, whether it is eBay, QRZ, or anywhere else, if you accept PayPal. I am not anti PayPal; I use it regularly, particularly when I am buying something. You can state in your ad, "No Returns because of whatever" but PayPal's TOS gives a buyer up to 6 months to initiate a claim so your restrictive language will be ignored. Many of us are therefore no longer willing to accept PayPal when we are selling unless we've thoroughly vetted the buyer. It's pretty much impractical to thoroughly vet a buyer on eBay. Just food for thought.