W1EFT PAUL LOSPENNATO - scammer

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KC6AUP, Jul 12, 2019.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. KC6AUP

KC6AUP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sold W1EFT a Ten-Tec 645A Ultramatic keyer, via Ebay, when Paul revived it, he immediately returned it, with out contacting me, when the package shows up, it's not the same one I sold him. different face plate, modified cables, mine had a single RCA plug the recived one had two on them, and the screws on the back showed that the unit had been opened.

He used the Ebay account P.J.Layne to purchase the gear

2. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

How do you know it was W1EFT that you dealt with on eBay? Did you ship it to the address listed on QRZ? Who's P.J. Layne?

WB4IVF and WR2E like this.
  3. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe there's something to this "no returns due to parts swappers." :eek:

KJ3LR, KA2FIR and N0TZU like this.
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

BINGO. I had it happen to me. Stole all the tubes, got a full refund, and I got to pay to ship the stripped chassis back home.

Dave
    W7UUU

N0TZU likes this.
  5. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Let's just say that I'm skeptical you were dealing with the REAL W1EFT

WB4IVF, WB0MPB and KA2FIR like this.
  6. WB0MPB

WB0MPB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

How did he pay you for the item? If Paypal are you laying out your defense to them. The way he did it Paypal might side with him thinking he did send the item back but I don't know how that works when he just returned it without opening a case. If he opened a case you would have been informed. If Paypal I would be talking to them as long as they would listen to my side of the scam.
    That is my thoughts

KA2FIR likes this.
  7. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

His account on here is unmanaged with no contact email and he has never posted on QRZ. So it's unlikely you were actually dealing with him.

KA2FIR likes this.
  8. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you send the keyer to the address listed on QRZ or a different address?

WB4IVF, KS4W and KA2FIR like this.
  9. WB4IVF

WB4IVF Ham Member QRZ Page

10. WB4IVF

WB4IVF Ham Member QRZ Page

KA2FIR likes this.