ad: elecraft

W1CBW

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by W1YFL, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W1YFL

W1YFL Ham Member QRZ Page

Collins J. ("Con") Farr, W1CBW recently passed away. "Con" was a ham since 1928. I first met him when I was 12 years old and attending my first amateur radio club meeting. He became my amateur radio tutor, my high-school electronics instructor, my radio/tv employer, broadcast radio associate and life-long friend. Con was a charter member of the Green Mountain Phone Net, the Central New England Net and Vermont CW Net - always active in the public service aspect of amateur radio.

Con was a member of the "Greatest Generation" referred to by Tom Brokaw. During WWII he was a crew member on aircraft bringing supplies to our troops in Europe. He was also held a Private Pilot certificate.

Amateur radio has lost another pioneer member of its fraternity. His contributions were many, especially to those who needed extra help and encouragement to gain the coveted amateur radio ticket. He will be greatly missed by all who knew him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.