W10 delivery optimization?

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by N3DT, Apr 8, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N3DT

N3DT Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, the MoFi LTE service I'm looking at puts their unlimited data at 100GB, one of my neighbors has it, he gets 30MB/s. I can live with that. It means I can stream a few movies and stream radio stations. Verizon and ATT limit their data at about 20GB or less here and is expensive. Verizon offers a 20GB data hot spot for $20 a month each device which is not bad if you have a good signal. I could get 3 of them and still be cheaper than my satellite/mo. Plus I could get rid of this 1s satellite latency which kills a lot of data. But mainly I'm waiting until the Verizon service less than a mile away comes in to see what happens first, it should be soon, unless the virus kills me. I'm of that age, 76.

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

One thing that kills my data limit, People that post a one hour video then say start looking at 30 min in for the good stuff.

Then you have to download 1 hour (100 meg+) of video just to look. :eek:

People need to respect our data limits and dial-up speed.

Seems that no one has any respect anymore. o_O

OOO and the 20 meg emails that are RE: BS That your "friend" sends you to everyone in their address book.

3. N3DT

N3DT Ham Member QRZ Page

Another one that bugs me are the huge picture files some people send either email or on a BB. I've learned to make filters in my email server that just plain blocks some people. It's quite effective and does seem to get their attention.

Wife's computer finally uploaded updates this morning. It hasn't updated since the 22 of last month. And it didn't get it from my computer. So much for delivery optimization (BS). I've decided not to worry about it any more, I've got other things to do than play computer, it doesn't seem to go anywhere anyhow, it's not like I've actually built something.