ad: Sussex-1

W0WW SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by WD0FVV, Feb 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. WD0FVV

WD0FVV Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello all:

My Elmer, mentor, former neighbor and dear friend, Dr. Ben Buir, M.D. W0WW, passed away last year.

Ben transmitted from just South and East of Parker, Colorado, USA with pure Collins gear for many years. He lost his wife and moved to a more "city" area.

Ben worked in his medical field until he became a SK, just before his 90th birthday! What a fantastic man! He was working part time right up to within one week of his death. What a man!

He was there for anyone needing help.

Someday I'll meet Ben again. I look forward to that day!

If you talked with Ben you know what a great man he is.

I was asked to speak at his memoral. I did and ask you to think of him. Thanks, MIKE>>>>>> WD0FVV

2. W8ASA

W8ASA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ben was my mentor as well...

I'm sorry I didn't stay in touch better over the years. I knew him as K0EZH when he lived in Aurora. I was in high school, and Ben would let me work DX with his S-Line. This was in 1965-66. He gave me many pointers on how to work DX pileups efficiently (of course the beam and kilowatt helped!).

I lost touch after he changed his call sign. I miss Ben, and his wonderful wife, who always seemed to have delicious snacks available during the pileups.

Ken W8ASA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.