W0TSM, Tom Mahoney may be scammer

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WB2JIX, Jan 24, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. AK9S

AK9S Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I posted one photo because the others do not contain call signs. But since you asked...

----- Forwarded Message -----

To: Serge Zoruba <xx@yy.com>
    Sent: Sunday, February 11, 2018, 5:12:24 AM CST
    Subject: Re: Palstar at5k tuner

Hi Serge,
    The tuner works perfectly with no issue or scratches from a non smoking home. Here are some attached photos .
    Thanks & 73
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 at 8:03 PM Serge Zoruba <xx@yy.com> wrote:

Hi Tom,

Yes, still interested. It needs to be in excellent condition without any significant scratches or damage. Also need photos with your call sign shown on one of the them, hand written or showing your QSL card.

Show me what you got.

Thanks.

Serge

On Saturday, February 10, 2018, 12:49:51 PM CST, Tom Mahoney <w0tsm166@gmail.com> wrote:

Are you still interested

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 at 10:40 PM Tom Mahoney <w0tsm166@gmail.com> wrote:
    Yes I do PayPal

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 at 10:29 PM Serge Zoruba <xx@yy.com> wrote:
    Tom,

I am waiting to hear back from K8AQM, as I committed myself to purchasing from him if the deal fell through. I would hate to post such a statement and then not honor it.
    If he does not contact me over the next couple of days or if indicates the tuner was sold on QRZ, then I will contact you again and ask for 2 or 3 photos. I can only do PayPal to protect the Seller and the Buyer.

Thanks for your understanding.

Serge, AK9S

On Thursday, February 8, 2018, 8:30:12 AM CST, Tom Mahoney <w0tsm166@gmail.com> wrote:

I have for sale a Palstar at5k tuner in a perfect working condition. Comes with manual, shipping box and power cable . Asking $570 shipped. Let me know if you are interested.

2. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't see them. I think there's a step that you have to do to upload them to QRZ so that they become visible.

3. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

What should you look for?

4. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

If you blow it up enough, you may be able to see where new content was pasted over what was originally there. The pasted-in text may appear sharper than the surrounding area or have jagged edges. Sometimes you can see remnants of what was originally there (like a different callsign). Or the text won't quite line up with the card it's supposedly printed on. Basically anything that doesn't look quite right. An original un-retouched photo should have consistent grain and focus/sharpness across the entire image.

5. AK9S

That's odd, as I see them. Does anyone else not see the photos in my previous postings?

6. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

I see broken IMG tags.
    How are you posting them, are you linking to a private album? Make sure the link is public.

7. AK9S

Cut 'n paste. Apparently that does not work.

Using image attachment requires a URL - my hard drive is not a website. So I would need to upload photos to my private album and then link the URL. No thanks. Too lazy.

8. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

Use 'upload a file' beside the reply button.

9. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

There's an easier way. Try this:
    How to add a photo - UPDATED

10. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Please se this thread in the test forum: Adding pictures to a thread/post