W0TSM, Tom Mahoney may be scammer

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WB2JIX, Jan 24, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
  1. W4END

W4END Ham Member QRZ Page

Unfortunately, I did use Friends & Family. That being said, I still filed a claim and was told that since this person has scammed a few others I may still get my funds returned.

I also sent w0tsm . (whatever names I listed earlier) a note to mention federal crimes, internet theft, and a few other things. Not that matters though.

2. W4END

So after I posted looking for an Icom ID-1, he/she sent me an email saying they had one for sale. Sent me pictures as well...minus his written call in the picture.

So somehow he has an account and is able to see my email address. My accounts have all been left alone and I am not missing any money other than what I sent thru PayPal.

3. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Why doesn't PP shutdown this account if they already know other people have been scammed. The feds won't do anything it seems. The scammers operate offshore so forget about trying to scare them.

4. W4END

So I talked to PayPal tonight. They have shut down his account on their end. They also see that this person has done this many times before. Although they (PP) couldn't tell me for sure, they did make mention that is was from outside the country.

That being said, the real W0TSM may want to change his call.

5. W4END

6. KA2FIR

7. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

He doesn't have to have an account to see your email address because you put it in your biography, which everyone can read. "Contact me at - paul.w4end@gmail.com " See WB2LBV's post which explains who can see what. Good idea to also re-read Fred's posting rules and follow what he says. That will keep us from posting things like "Email sent" which will immediately produce an unsolicited email from a scammer offering to sell you the same item for less.

8. KA2FIR

Good catch. I missed that! That explains it.

9. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Your email is also posted in this ad.
    https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/icom-id-51a-plus.571050/

10. W4END

Well that just got fixed....thanks.