SOLD VX-5R HT Kit

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by NK4K, Nov 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NK4K

NK4K Ham Member QRZ Page

100_2275.JPG
    Offering a gently used, one owner, non-smoker, functional Yaesu VX-5R tri-band (6m-2m-70cm with 222 band RX) water resistant, alpha display handie-talkie, 5w out including: (scroll down for kit photo)

1 - VX-5R User's Manual
    1 - VX-5R HT
    1 - Barometric/altimeter sensor option, installed
    1 - hand strap
    1 - leatherette case
    2 - 6m top loading resonators
    1 - antenna tip carrying pouch
    2 - power supplies/chargers
    1 - drop-in charge station that accepts radio with battery or battery without radio
    3 - quick charge, Li batteries (two 7.2v/1100mA and one 7.4v/1500mA)
    1 - stealth headset with PTT switch
    1 - VX-5R HT for parts, partially functional
    1 - APRS/PACKET/Dual Mic plug to VX-5R mic/speaker jack adapter
    1 - Original box
    2 - belt hooks (on radio backs)

Note in the photos I have programmed the S-meter to show odd numbers 1-9 with "bricks" for dB over S9. You can re-program this and other features as you see fit to include a large numeric display for frequency and a "ramp-up" S-meter with smaller "bricks."

A nice description is here: http://universal-radio.com/catalog/ht/1795.html
    Specifications are here: http://universal-radio.com/catalog/ht/1795spec.html

Speaker has pleasant frequency response, even for FM broadcast.

I am not able to find anything but dust on this unit, but there may be tiny issues I've missed. This unit lived in the leatherette case except for battery changes, so the leatherette case is not as glowing but has no holes or rips.

All batteries hold charge. With the clever battery saving features, you get great cycles. Because they are used, I cannot estimate length of operation, but the user's manual indicates 5-15 hours, depending on use. New batteries are still available with greater current ratings.

The parts radio I rank "good looking" but "as-is" because it's a parts radio. Parts radio may be repairable, as the only problem I can find is missing screws and an intermittent battery condition meter which may be a broken wire.

Asking $179 for all in list plus half of shipping costs. Add $5 for a second manual to keep in the car.

Reluctant to ship outside USA. For sale not trade. Will consider alternate offers.

Questions? nk4k@att.net
    Thank you.

100_2244.JPG

100_2239.JPG

100_2271.JPG
    100_2248.JPG

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    W7GST likes this.
  2. NK4K

NK4K Ham Member QRZ Page

Can accept credit card (please do NOT send numbers via E-mail), bank checks, major money orders, or PayPal*.

3. AA4QO

AA4QO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello,

I am interested in your offer. I am new at this. How do I purchase this?

Thank you,

Larry

4. AA4QO

AA4QO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

5. NK4K

NK4K Ham Member QRZ Page

SOLD

6. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.