VP8SGI

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K4LRX, Jan 30, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: FBNews-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

You should try again if they ask for All Time New Ones. There is no guarantee that the QSL manager will rule in your favor. Suppose he actually worked another very similar call who also put in for a busted call. You will feel better about a solid QSO and spare the busy QSL manager some work.

Zack W1VT

2. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Keep seeing them spotted but I cannot hear them well enough to attempt contact.

I've worked a lot of DX but the past few months have been rough.

3. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

If you send in a card request and you have the exact time and band and (even frequency) you will probably get a card. Also noting that KB0BIT does not exist puts to rest questions as to if KB0BIT really did work them.

4. KQ0J

KQ0J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I received a QSL already for my second contact last night. Well , kind of...

US-L-872
    06Feb2016
    03:14
    30M CW
    UKRAINE
    Y 569
    You WKD with VP8SGI .
    PSE QSL TU 73!.

They were very weak at that time but only took 1 call for him to hear me. I was lucky enough to be able to hear a station he just
    worked and went up from that a small bit to call. Quite aggravating given the hours I spent earlier in the week
    just to get my first contact. Just goes to show you never know if you can get them and you cant get them if you dont keep
    trying.

5. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree, I wouldn't take a chance. It's going to be a while before we see South Georgia again.

6. WA8UEG

FYI: See below. Looks like tomorrow is still the best chance for those that have not worked them.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE THEM SMOKE THEM....TOMORROW.

ATNO (all time new one) plans are going to change due propagation is shifting day to day. Tomorrow, February 7th, they will be asking for ATNO contacts time to time on any band so please, follow operator instructions and respect to those for whom VP8SGI is still an All Time New One.

We did not speak about 6 meters but plans for this band is still the same, if there is an available radio during his afternoon-evening, Paul will call me via Iridium Satellite few minutes before to start to call on 50.110 MHz so check DX Cluster Network spots.

I asked them for an earlier 160 meters activity looking to Western Europe and also to take profit of Grey Line with East Coast and it seems they are going to be on the Top Band earlier than previous days.

In my last press release, I stated that this project exceeds $215.000. Well, VP8 project budget is $425.000, team members contributed with $210.000.

They are very grateful to all sponsors and individual donors who will help them to cover remaining $215.000.

EA5RM - VP8STI/VP8SGI Chief Pilot

7. W3WN

W3WN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

While that is very true Zack, knowing who the VP8SGI QSL manager is, he will make every effort to resolve any such issues.

HOWEVER, considering the sheer quantity of QSO's involved (circa 80K and rising at this point in time), it may take him a while to get to everything.

An insurance QSO if possible is certainly in order.

8. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

WHEW !! Got through on 30m with 15 watts @0215z this date :):)

AC6BW likes this.
  9. N8MSA

N8MSA Ham Member QRZ Page

This may, or may not, mean that they're finished but since they were scheduled to leave tomorrow...

10. WA8UEG

Yea, definitely really bad news for those that were trying to work them today. With them calling for ATNO and the super bowl it would have been a good bet for a lot of stations.

With it so bad they had to go back to the boat I would assume there is some serious antenna damage and we can only hope the radios survived.

Maybe that explains why I couldn't hear them on 6 meters ;)