VP8PJ - South Orkney DXpedition who needs it for ATNO?

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by NZ5F, Feb 16, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: Left-2
ad: FBNews-1
  1. NZ5F

NZ5F Ham Member QRZ Page

VP8PJ - South Orkney DXpedition who needs it for ATNO? I know I do and maybe just like the recent E44CC I will only make one contact. Then again one contact for an ATNO is not unusual for me. I have many entities in my DXing journey. Like my son would say gotta catch em all (like Pokémon).

2. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Looking forward to this one as it would be an ATNO for me, too. I will be happy with one contact if I can manage it. The new ones are coming rather slowly these days. I think it would be #310 for me so still have a ways to go :)

NZ5F likes this.
  3. NZ5F

NZ5F Ham Member QRZ Page

I made it to 316 with E44CC. I am getting one or two a year lately. I will miss first weekend of VP8PJ due to Cub Scouts camping trip with my son. Still should have plenty of time to get one.

KQ9J likes this.
  4. NK7Z

NK7Z Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

ATNO for me... If I get it...

5. KQ9J

I have kind of a love/hate attitude toward these DXpeditions lately. Very happy that the teams take the time and go through the expense to give us a chance for a new one or a band fill, but it tends to bring the miscreants out in full force so we have to contend with the DQRMer’s, cops and classless operators in addition to often marginal conditions. But it that comes with the territory I guess!

NZ5F likes this.
  6. KQ9J

Just worked ZL1NA/MM on the boat underway to S. Orkney Islands! Good signal on 15 meters, some fading but got him!

Hopefully a good omen :)

7. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

I do! I'm only at 230 confirmed so my ATNOs come a little easier than yours do ;)

I'm not over concerned at the over all count right now - my goal is 5BDXCC - I need a few more on 80m and then I wait for 10m to come alive again. . .

K8PG likes this.
  8. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It would be an ATNO for me.

9. KQ9J

Fixed that for ya. Think positive! :D

10. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

It will be an ATNO for me as well. I got back into the hobby in Feb. 2018, and I'm concentrating on CW DX. If the signals from ZL1NA/MM are any indication, I may well get a contact or two with this dxpedition.

NZ5F and KQ9J like this.