VP8PJ... here we go!

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WW2PT, Feb 23, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Gone all last week so trying to make up for it now. Just back yesterday but now have him on 5 spots. Waiting for 40 and 80 now.

2. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, just got them on 20 CW. Three bands, two modes. I think I am satisfied with this one.

3. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

Donors first, I imagine.

77702005-C890-4D83-951B-B37BAA0809F5.jpeg

4. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

Is there other software or a setting in WSJT-X that allows them to just let it call and call and walk away for as long as it takes? From what I've seen with WSJT-X & F/H mode you get maybe 5 rounds in of calling before you have to re-enable it to call. I didn't see anyplace you could change that timing. Regular mode allows you go to a fair amount longer and there was a setting where you could adjust regular mode timing. Even still.. you'd think even if you were gonna let it call and call for as long as it takes (and walk away) you would set your software and watch a round or two to make sure you were on the correct sequence. In a pileup like that it's really hard to miss all the other callers calling on the waterfall if you are out of sequence, especially on the lower bands. The upper bands I could possibly see due to skip zones & propagation.

5. AB8MA

Somebody really likes 17 meters.

upload_2020-3-4_16-14-19.png

6. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

Worked them with skill (*) on 40m CW and pure luck (**) on 30m CW last night.

(*) Heard the stations calling him and could figure out the pattern
    (**) Did not hear the stations calling him, transmitted on a random place and he heard me

K5WY likes this.
  7. PY2RAF

PY2RAF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Made a lemonade from a sleepless night - lower noise level here, metropolitan area apartment ham radio operator.

Contacted 40m phone; 30m FT8. Of course Brazil is much less of a challenge than you guys in northern hemisphere... But contacting it was still worth a grin ;-)

K8PG likes this.
  8. AB8MA

Glad they stayed the extra day. Got them on 17 meters.

upload_2020-3-5_19-15-54.jpeg

9. AB8MA

from https://www.m0urx.com/

March 5th 11:00z: We are pleased to report that we are nearing 70,000 QSOs in the log.
    Our plan is to remain active on the bands throughout the day. We anticipate ending radio operations and going QRT at or near 23:59 UTC.
    Our attention overnight and tomorrow will be devoted to the large chore of packing the gear and then dismantling the camp.
    As stated previously, we will attempt an upload of the log once aboard the Braveheart as we prepare for departure from Signy Island.
    VP8PJ Team
    We will soon begin the process of staging equipment and supplies on the beach for transfer to the Braveheart.

A number of antennas are being removed as we evaluate our “on air” activities for the remaining hours on the island.
    Slowly, throughout the day, we will take operating positions off-line as we prepare to end our radio operations later tonight.
    We cannot thank the crew of the Braveheart enough for their hard work and assistance throughout this entire DX-pedition. VP8PJ Team

WW2PT likes this.
  10. AB8MA

I lied.

upload_2020-3-5_19-21-51.png

K8PG and WW2PT like this.