VP8PJ... here we go!

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WW2PT, Feb 23, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Most of the time I can't hear the stations he's working on 17, or 30 for that matter. No idea which way the operator is tuning to listen at any given moment.

WW2PT likes this.
  2. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Amen. I succeeded on FT8 by being on the bands before they opened and catching him before the huge pileups began. :)

3. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

WHAT? you're saying you used strategy and didnt just turn up the power and send over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again?

W4NNF, N5CM and WW2PT like this.
  4. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

I know, right? What a noob! :D

5. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

Exactly. I heard them on 30m CW last night for the first time with a good signal, but none of the stations he was working. With my station I need to be at the right place at the right time.

W4NNF and WW2PT like this.
  6. N5SMO

N5SMO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So man Maroons calling him on his working CW freq when he's working split....not to mention those tuning up on the working freq. Many with 4 digit calls too. Senility....or strategy?

7. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

^^^^^ I got BACK on the air in Feb. 2018 after about 10 years (+/-) QRT and started chasing DX soon thereafter, 99.99% on CW.

The behaviors noted have gotten worse just since I've been back on the air. I shudder to think what it will be like if the group makes it and activates Bouvet.

8. W4NNF

I sometimes feel like I'm the last kid on the block still using "just" 75 or 80 watts for FT8. :D

9. K5WY

K5WY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Eh, don't feel bad, I use zero watts for FT8.

EDIT: I should probably add I have no hate for FT8, it just never interested me.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    K8PG, AF6GA and WW2PT like this.
  10. W4NNF

:D:rolleyes: