ad: elecraft

VP8PJ... here we go!

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WW2PT, Feb 23, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: OK1UUad-1
  1. NZ5F

NZ5F Ham Member QRZ Page

I tried working them on 160m FT8 for a little while but they didn’t hear me and a lot of others. I did hear them decently well at -9 db. No big deal but gave it a shot for about an hour. 58157031-350B-4A8C-8C88-1F1C13F7A485.png

2. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I tried on 160 for a while, too. I only decoded them a couple of times up here. Then they disappeared. There were a bazillion stations calling them, of course.

The more streams they run, the lower their signal goes. Still a few days left, maybe demand will subside a bit on that band, too. Of course that doesn't mean they will hear me by any means :)

NZ5F likes this.
  3. NZ5F

NZ5F Ham Member QRZ Page

I am not a huge fan of FT8 and my amp I can't push too much along with my antenna which is fair to poor on 160m. Don't want to blow up my spe 1k for a FT8 contact on 160m. This amp needs to last me for a couple more years at least.

KQ9J likes this.
  4. WG7X

WG7X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, it looks like this will be another Dxpedition that I will miss. The times that I have listened, I can't hear them at all. Gotta hear them before I can call them. I listened to my next door neighbor last night calling and calling and calling on FT8. I think he was just calling blindly. Despite the fact that he was de-sensing my receiver's ability quite a it even when he was not calling I could hear nothing.

So there we are... not a bit of a signal.

WW2PT and W4NNF like this.
  5. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Finally freaking worked them! I was beginning to worry! :eek:

DK7OB, KP4SX, KQ9J and 2 others like this.
  6. W4NNF

Hard to say. I'd try to work them again. Last big one, Pitcairn, I was in the same boat. Thought I might have worked them on CW, but really didn't think so, so I didn't log 'em. Sure enough I showed up in their log when they uploaded. I was glad I went on to make an insurance QSO! Thanks to condx, mostly I guess, this one seems a lot harder!

WW2PT and N4UP like this.
  7. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

Awesome. What band & mode?

8. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

i tried to get them on 160m but i just cant hear them. I did get them on 17m CW though! I think I'm done with this one now. . .

9. W4NNF

40 and 30 FT8. Almost worked them on CW but not quite. If I can also get them on phone or CW before they go QRT I'll be happy. :)

WW2PT likes this.
  10. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

They were strong(ish) on 17m CW yesterday evening, but the band closed before I could put ‘em in the log. It’s tough knowing where to place your TX signal when you can’t hear the stations that he’s working.

N5CM and KP4SX like this.