ad: k1jek

VP8PJ... here we go!

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WW2PT, Feb 23, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

It's on.

VP8PJ Pileup 200223-0145.png

KB2FCV and N2EY like this.
  2. K0MB

K0MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Kind of a rough start, though. And now QRT for tonight?

3. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Heard them, and the pile, on 40 last night. Total lidfest. Turned the radio off and watched a movie instead. There will be plenty of time :)

WW2PT likes this.
  4. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, I had to go look at the log. Turns out that I have the Falklands worked and confirmed on a couple of bands / modes. I think I will let the more dedicated / desperate ones work them first before I descend into the fray!

5. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Its South Orkney, not Falkland Is.

N4UP and WW2PT like this.
  6. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

Details. Lol!

WG7X likes this.
  7. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

OK, I stand corrected...

Probably won't make much of a difference though, since I still work (darn it!) and usually the best propagation to places like that is on twenty meters during the day.

So, in the interests of fairness, can anyone here finance me for a couple of days so I too, can work the pile ups?

(Finance in this context means daily hourly wage plus a bit of tower / antenna installs, beer runs, doughnuts and incidentals)

Any takers? We here a radio WG7X would be most grateful, thanks!

WW2PT likes this.
  8. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

yeah, here's the current 30m spread. Not sure how i feel about +10 spread on a relatively narrow band

upload_2020-2-23_19-37-8.png

9. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

If the weather allows they should still be around this coming weekend for folks that have to work during weekdays. There are a bunch of different entities with VP8 prefixes, just like there are with the TX/TO French entities.

10. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Lots of U.S. hams calling and working them out of our frequency allocation. Guess it’s difficult to read a digital frequency display....

K0MB likes this.