VP8EME QSL Card arrived yesterday :) Pretty fast too.

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K2HAT, Nov 27, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

I got a nice QSL Card to confirm my 160m FT8 QSO with VP8EME in the mail yesterday.

I had forgotten all about the fact I sent paper!! I usually make a note when i send the paper out and the date it goes in the mail. Less than 6 months round trip. :)

Glad to have another 160m DX Country confirmed, long ways to DXCC on the low band.

upload_2018-11-27_7-38-47.png

upload_2018-11-27_7-39-53.png

W1TRY likes this.
  2. K8KWT

K8KWT Ham Member QRZ Page

How did you get the 5-Band rows to appear after the "Challenge" row?
    My Account status page stops at "Challenge" even though I have credits for the WARC bands.

Bob K8KWT

3. K2HAT

Because I have 5BDXCC Awarded, otherwise if I recall; the WARC bands don't show.

Pretty sure that I noticed the 5 Band DXCC did not show up in the Logbook DXCC LOTW stuff until it was Awarded, versus earned too....

I do see for sure in this January 2017 post, that 30m did not show up till I got the Certificate.... scroll down more, I do recall correctly, found an older posting on QRZ.

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/qsling-paper-cards.548494/page-2#post-4112224

[​IMG]

March 2016,

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/dxcc-how-long-did-it-take.514745/#post-3777036

[​IMG]

4. K8KWT

K8KWT Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the info. I got my 5BDXCC way back in the mid 80's - so I guess it didn't get entered in the computer records. I wonder how I would get it added? Even if I count only LoTW confirmations I still would have over 100 entities for 12m/17m / 30m. Oh well question for another thread.

upload_2018-11-27_9-56-12.png

Bob K8KWT

5. K2HAT

I don't see my 5Band DXCC in my records that I earned many years ago. How can I fix this?-

DXCC began computerizing 5 Band DXCC awards into the DXCC computer in December 1991. Prior to this period actual QSO data for this award is no longer available. In order to bring your numbers up-to-date for the bands included in 5BDXCC you must make a regular submission. You do not need to send in the same original cards just points in order to place an "X" on the DXCC matrix.

Note, this is not a free submission and all submission fees apply for this project.

If you have a DXCC issued prior to the above period you must send a note to DXCC, or, make a note of this award in a regular DXCC submission and DXCC will bring the record of your 5BDXCC into your account. This only includes: Applicant callsign, award date and award number. Again, this will not affect the QSO counts it will only bring into your account the fact that you have achieved 5Band DXCC.

Partially, DXCC could not keep the old QSO records for possible future data entry because of all the QSOs claimed it is not known all of which were actually checked towards the first 100 current on each of the primary bands. Due to this the porential for entering possible incorrect data was avoided by doing this. In addition, as standard practice, DXCC does not retain application paperwork for more than 6 months. After this, application paperwork is destroyed with priority given to paperwork with credit card data for security reasons. In the early years of maintaining application paperwork the period may have been slightly longer but no more than one year at most. Retention of paperwork for more than this time is not needed mostly for storage space and possible fire hazards with so much paper.

http://www.arrl.org/dxcc-general-program-faq

K7MH likes this.
  6. KB8U

KB8U Ham Member QRZ Page

What did you send VP8EME? An IRC? $2 US? Mint Falkland Is. postage stamp? A new transceiver ?;)

I also worked him this past summer on 160 FT8 and would like to get a card.

7. K2HAT

I sent an Airmail Euro sized envelope, with my name and address already on it, and $3. along with my qsl card.

8. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats! What are you using for an antenna on 160?

9. K2HAT

three choices, one is a 133ft off center fed,
    second is an end fed, about 118ft of wire if I recall, up as mostly a sloper, the last 15ft or so drops down, to form a short L....

Third choice is a "cpole" home brew wire antenna cut for 30m and up vertically,
    it will sometimes load up on 160m FT8 frequency using my Elecraft KAT500 tuner,
    but not very well if it is wet.

http://svrc.org/cpole/

All three antennas work better since adding Balun Designs baluns to them.

The OCF 133ft is my go to antenna, sorry I don't log what antenna I use for the qso's