ad: ProAudio-1

VP6R Pitcairin Is DXpedition

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WA6MHZ, Oct 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

watched all the people on the Leaderboard below me get logged. I was #5 in Zone 3. Now I will probably drop to #150 or so!!!

2. WA6MHZ

They responded twice to me, but I didn't get an RR73 from them!!!. Now on 1908 but no copy here

3. WA6MHZ

Tried again this morning. Seeing East Coast work them on 20meter dipoles.
    First time really BUMMED OUT in the DXpedition! Before this, it was all SUCCESS! Well I have a 160M CW QSO, but am SOL on SSB and FT8. Only a few days to go!

4. WA6MHZ

160 CW tonight, hoping for 160 SSB tomorrow!

5. WF4W

WF4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

pretty sure i just got him on 160m CW and 80m CW this morning - need to wait for a log upload - my first 80m CW didnt show up .. think he logged wx4w :(

6. WA6MHZ

Tough copy on 12M SSB right now. QSBs up and down, have to find the sweet spot to call and get thru. Might have made it, will see if I show up in the log

7. N7WR

N7WR Subscriber QRZ Page

Over the years worked Tom Christian VR6TC from Pitcarin many times on all HF bands except 160. Since I didn't need VP6R I only called when they were begging for QSOs. Very impressed with the ops--particularly Arnie this afternoon who went out of his way to work only those who needed Pitcarin for an ATNO

WF4W and WA6MHZ like this.
  8. WA6MHZ

They finally built up to good copy on 12M and I logged them for #26! Now if they would do 160 SSB that would be a sweep (except 6M EME)

9. WF4W

WF4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I showed up in their log on 80 and 160! Also got them on 20m CW finally... last band is 12 so I'll have to work on that. Heck, i even got them on 60m FT8 -- that's the first DX ive worked on 60m... and the 2nd contact ever :)

WA6MHZ likes this.
  10. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

All my Q's are in the log, 160, 20 and 40. The 160m QSO was #100 for me on 160.... just need to confirm them now once OQRS is open.

WF4W and WW2PT like this.