ad: UR5CDX-1

VP6R Pitcairin Is DXpedition

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WA6MHZ, Oct 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: FBNews-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They don't seem to update all the logs at the same time. My 10M SSB QSO doesnt show up while my 75M did! and I worked the 10M Q at about 4PM yesterday and the 75M Q was at 2AM this morning. The same thing happened with my 10M CW QSO yesterday. It got uploaded later on in the day.
    I see some folks worked them on 160SSB, but I never saw a spot for it except for one on 1845. I rushed downstairs and didn't hear a peep (no one calling). Really need to work them tonight on 160. I will have to stay up all night hoping and waiting.

2. N6RGR

N6RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Any additional bands for me may be problematic. Pacific Grift & Extortion (PG&E) is turning off the power later today for possibly three days!! It was off earlier this week so I missed some other opportunities. Aargh!!!

Roger N6RGR

3. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Make lemonade! I bet the bands will be much quieter with the power off, 100W and a battery should be plenty!

So glad I left that State in 2006.

4. N6RGR

N6RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

True, I do have a whole house generator, not sure how much noise it may introduce but I may give it a try as I want some bands for CW contacts.

Roger N6RGR

5. WA6MHZ

Just got them on 10 SSB (contest QSO) but it will serve as an insurance Q in case my previous Q on 10 got lost. I normally don't make duplicate QSOs on a DXpedtion as it highly annoys the operators. So 1 QSO per bandmode is what I strive for. For short DXpedtions you just have to hope they logged U, but with 2 week events like this, you have time to see if you made it to the log, and then work them again if Not In the Log!

6. WA6MHZ

Contest is over. They report 41 QSOs on 160M SSB, must not have been stateside, maybe JA. Only 1 spot for 160 on DXSUMMIT, I went there and nothing happening, no sig no one calling. Now they are on 160CW and reporting they will be on 160FT8 tomorrow night, So that is a MUST WORK! Still need to find them on 12M SSB, maybe tomorrow afternoon.

7. WA6MHZ

Mostly CW on all higher bands and FT8 today, Highly anticipating 160M FT8 tonight. Really need a 12 M SSB QSO too, but they may need the day to have their voices recover from the phone contest. They did a Smashing job in that and may have won the world!!! No RTTY this time, per their bulletin. Thats OK, it would just be a redundant effort as the FT8 contacts already count for Digital DXCC.

They are running out of new contacts as they have just about worked everyone in the world who wants to work them.
    things are winding down and they will start tearing things apart on Halloween, beginning with the LF station and finish with the HF station. On NOV 1, they will throw in the towel on one of the most SUCCESSFUL DXPEDITIONS of all time!!!

8. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Only got them on 20CW, very hard to hear in that are of the world due to a 10,000 foot ridge being in the way...

9. WA6MHZ

Supposedly on 1832 FT8 right now. Whole world calling, not seeing anyone get thru. No copy here yet. Guess I will be up all night

10. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Got 'em on 20M FT8, my 160M antenna is down right now.