ad: vanity

VP6R Pitcairin Is DXpedition

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WA6MHZ, Oct 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've worked them on 20 and 40 so far, but haven't got them on phone yet. Hope today will be the day. :)

2. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Pretty sure I got them on 20 CW at 03:08. Now I need 40.

WA6MHZ likes this.
  3. N6RGR

N6RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

No luck yet, I have heard them on 17 & 20 meters SSB, 20 meters CW, & 40 meters CW. Major QRM and LIDS in the pileups. Will try later in the week when it quiets down. Running 100 watts into dipole, still trying to get hexbeam up!

Roger N6RGR

4. WL7CG

WL7CG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

No luck yet. VOCAP to there is great.

5. WA4BCS

WA4BCS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

They came back to you twice on 15m around 1620x but I guess you were getting ready for church and missed them.

6. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

Up and down with QSB on 17 cw here on the Gulf Coast of FL just a while ago (2045-ish), peaking S7 (KX2, preamp off, 24’ endfed wire). My noise level is S0-S1 today, so that’s pretty loud! Good op, moving through the crowd quickly. I’m betting on the pileups downsizing over the next few days and giving my 5w a chance...as long as the propagation holds.

7. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

I finally got an RR73 from them and am in the log. After the Charger game I got 5 more band modes and am up to 13 now! Still Skunked on 80M! They might have busted my call on 30M CW so might have to rework that. Saw WA6MSZ on the FLDIGI. 17M was a madhouse as they were running Simplex. So this shows BEER has no effect on DXing. 5 QSOs after a pitcher of beer during the Charger game. Deplorable game! They choked as usual!

8. WA6MHZ

Got them on 40CW. but 80 was too light of copy. Will try again later at night

9. VK2WP

VK2WP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Finally worked them today on 80 and 40M CW but not so lucky on 30M. Just about to put a call or two out when the band closed for me and they faded out.

Another time, good ops there.

10. WA6MHZ

Stil plenty of time to go. My bandmodes look good, but 80 Meters seems to be my sore spot. Very poor copy on them, even though 160 and 40 are fine. Going down to try 15CW again now, thought I had made it but not in the log!