Volunteer DX QSL Manager or Small-Timer?

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by NA7U, Dec 1, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

QDURE has been excellent for me. They seem to get ALL cards out in 30 days! I've been using them for less than a year and have already rcvd some TNX replies.
    The only downside that I can find is the pricing starts at a minimum of 100 cards. That could be a problem for some but for me its ok. You can upload your requests monthly, for example, then when you accumulate 100 you can launch the batch. Takes me about 3 months these days for 100 cards.
    With GlobalQSL you bought 100 credits in advance and your 'sent' cards worked against that credit. That was ok. Global worked before but now I suspect the volume is too low for them to send out cards regularly.
    The QDURE website is much more agile and you can store multiple card designs and choose which one to use on any individual contact.
    Another gotcha is that QDURE charges IVU on your purchase. That's like 21% more than the advertised cost. Not a show-stopper but annoying.

Its a shame the ARRL hasn't reached this state of the art. With their money and 'expertise' they should be leaders in this.

2. WR3Y

WR3Y XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the comments Bill. How is the quality of the card stock? Do you know if it is flimsy and cheap?

I registered and I see I have 10 cards in my inbox. I guess I just print those myself.

100 cards would be no problem for me in a month. When you send your log do you just make an adif with call signs of guys that want qsls? Most guys in my log unfortunately don't want a qsl. I would need to edit my log down and send an adif.

Rob
    wr3y

3. K1LKP

K1LKP Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

CASEY, IT LOOKS LIKE THE QRZ TROOPS HAVE PROVIDED YOU
    WITH SOME TOP NOTCH INFO.......BRAVO......

I ENJOYED READING YOUR SUPER BLOG.......

I THOUGHT U WUD LIKE TO SEE THIS........

N8PR CLOUD WARMEN.jpg

73 - K1LKP

4. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It seems to be 'average' card stock. Its a notch better than Global's cards.
    Yes, I edit down my monthly file and only send to those DX stations who say they accept buro cards. Then at the same time I also check to see if I have sent a card previously.
    I generally don't send to US stations because the ARRL doesn't permit US>US cards. No point in sending one if they can't reply via the same route. Nevertheless I still get a few. Maybe they are sending directly to the local bureau?