ad: elecraft

Volunteer DX QSL Manager or Small-Timer?

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by NA7U, Dec 1, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. NA7U

NA7U Ham Member QRZ Page

"for ... not "or" in the title, btw.

I'm the DX. I use LoTW and eQSL, which takes care of the majority of QSLs, but once in a while, an op comes along who uses neither or simply wants that card to hold. My profile indicates that I do direct QSLs for $2, but it is such a PITA to mail anything from this country that I'm regretting it.

If someone would like to volunteer to cover my call for directs, I'd be happy to send you 50 or so cards at a time and something to cover postage. 90% of the time it's a U.S. op and my volume would be extremely low, *maybe* a few cards a week and I don't do contests anymore, so never a surge. Just can't hack that hour+ wait at the PO (can't just buy stamps and DIY here).

tnx es vy 73,

Casey, TI2/NA7U

2. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Why not simply specify that you prefer an SASE? That should solve the problem as virtually no one in the U.S. has a QSL manager.

3. K2CD

K2CD Ham Member QRZ Page

He's living in Costa Rica.

4. NA7U

NA7U Ham Member QRZ Page

You don't understand the CR Correos (postal service). I'd still be stuck in the line and since we don't live in the city, it's a hassle just to go there.

I actually did have someone contact me once to volunteer for this, but let it pass and can't find their contact info anymore.

5. VK3KTT

VK3KTT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

go with one of the qsl managers M0oxo https://www.m0oxo.com/ is good he also uploads to lotw i think and i think they do it for free you just send your log once a month or so. if yo collect cards they can on send the to you flick them and email
    or there are a few state side ones. i had joe W3hnk doing mine a while ago.

NA7U likes this.
  6. KS2G

KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

http://globalqsl.com/

You design a full-color 2-sided card on line.
    Upload contact information.
    He prints and sends your cards via buro.
    ;)

NA7U likes this.
  7. NA7U

NA7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks VK3KTT and KS2G!

8. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

NA7U likes this.