Visual Additions to Ham Shack

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KO4NJV, Apr 7, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KM6ZJK

KM6ZJK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

WW3JAY, WD4DXQ, N2HUN and 1 other person like this.
  2. KY4GD

KY4GD Ham Member QRZ Page

I have about 20 Tasmota instances around the house, running on light bulbs, wall switches, plugs, LED strips and various RF bridges. More than 20 years together, and that was probably the closest I have come to earning a divorce.

I kid, but...it really did have to stop, to keep the peace. Wives just don't appreciate how cool it is to be able to literally log into a shell on a light bulb.

KX8C likes this.
  3. M7BLC

M7BLC Ham Member QRZ Page

My shack - minimalist but it works for me :) WP_20210404_13_38_10_Pro (2).jpg

N0TZU, WA1GXC, WN1MB and 6 others like this.
  4. W3TKB

W3TKB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

A bulletin board is a must for tacking up various items and notes, and the occasional QSL card you might actually receive. Amazon has 12"×12" peel-n-stick corkboards that enable you to make your own custom bulletin board any shape or size needed.

If you work any digital modes, and as such don't really need to hear or pay attention to the noises emanating from the radio, how about a nice stereo system or Bluetooth speaker that's connected to satellite radio? That constant "dial-up" warbling noise drives me batty; need me some tunes while I work FT8.

Brando

5. KC3SWL

KC3SWL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Here is my accessory
    20210406_140016.jpg

K8XG, W0AQ, K2CD and 4 others like this.
  6. KC0KEK

KC0KEK Ham Member QRZ Page

7. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

These look nice:
    This is NOT my shack, by the way. :p
    unnamed.jpg

8. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Vanna.

9. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

You can run Geochron on a older display. At one office I saw it on a Plasma! $400 for a crappy picture.

10. KY4GD

KY4GD Ham Member QRZ Page

You can get a 43" 4k UHD JVC for about $220 at Wally. If 1080p will do, the tag drops a good bit too.

It is crazy how cheap certain things have got. "Big screen" TVs are almost cheap enough to be considered decorative. And many can be integrated into home automation systems, so you can voice control the display. "Computer, show me OM77vf" ("make it so")

W0PV and K8XG like this.