Vista and Video Cards

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by KB0LPI, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. KB0LPI

KB0LPI Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm trying to give a local ham with macular degeneration a chance at staying in touch with club emails and such. His current situation is that he prints the email and then puts it under a magnifier. I'd like to eliminate the middle man.

I'd like to set up a Vista system with dual monitors where he can can navigate as normal on one screen, and get the magnified view on the other. I think Vista has this built in, but the machine I'm trying to set it up on (1 AGP with ATI9000, other with PCI ATI7K) Vista doesn't like the PCI card.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can get a Dual Monitor system set up in Vista on the cheap?

2. AB8RU

AB8RU Ham Member QRZ Page

If its anything similar to XP you have to know by reading the Docs if the System BIOS or CMOS suppourts a Dual Monitor Card, there should be a setting for Magnifier in the Control Panel then click on Accessibility Options ( I am going by XP being VISTA has not yet been in the A + exams ) Click on Accessibility Options Configure Windows to work for your vision, hearing, etcc.

BTW buying a White Box Cheap video board is a considerable waste of money just get a good one, they are IMHO factory rejects sold at computer swaps by unscrouplous dealers who will con you into buying this.

I bought ( or wasted my money on a Mother Board with the Lies ) a Mother board that ate coin cells and did go out in a year.

Saying: the Bitterness of Poor Quality lingers after the sweetness of a cheap price is soon forgotten.

I also learned this since I am working on my IT Degree, and find a reptuable supplier who is a Authourized Dealer and honors honestly warranties also if hes a NESDA member ( National Electronic Service Dealers Assn. ) http://www.nesda.com/ BBB, etc. any place worth its salt would be a part of a Association.

Im a ISCET ( CET ) member myself I also believe that Shoddy merchandise is something consumers should be aware of, and repeat call backs over junk makes bad reputations and strained freindships.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.