ad: Radclub22-1

Visiting Hawaii

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KH6OWL, Feb 4, 2019.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KH6OWL

KH6OWL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Aloha,

If you plan on visiting Hawaii you may find these maps useful.
    They are attached here but you can also find them on my website.

www.hamradiohawaii.com

Attached Files:

K2WPM, W7UUU and W1YW like this.
  2. K4KWH

K4KWH Ham Member QRZ Page

It has been my dream to visit Pearl Harbor and and the sites related to the attack on 7 December, 1941. I don't much care for the beaches and the "usual" tourist traps; I just want to pay a visit to the Arizona and pay respects to those who died there. Oh, well, budget just doesn't permit it yet. I keep hoping..................:)

KH6OWL likes this.
  3. KH6OWL

KH6OWL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That is the best part of Hawaii IMO and is well worth the visit. Just check before you come over to make sure they are not under repair. The Arizona was closed for about 6 months and just open back recently. I never go to the beach.

4. K4KWH

K4KWH Ham Member QRZ Page

I recently watched a program about exploring inside the Arizona. I saw the touching film of the dress uniform still hanging in the closet after 75 years. A friend of my Dad's was there that day (has passed on). He ended up swimming to shore after being burned. Listening to him tell about the experience and seeing the Bataan Death March on TV convinced me at an early age, I would never own a Japanese car. I haven't. I really want to go, but I'm just not that financially able. I keep hoping, tho!