Vintage Turner +2

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by PUMPKINMAN, Dec 3, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

And...Since a Cobra mic works okay, you should be able to wire the mic connector for the plus 2 the same as for any Cobra radio and many Cobra radios are listed in the +2 wiring pamphlet you can find online.

2. PUMPKINMAN

PUMPKINMAN QRZ Member

Thank you everyone for your input. I found the microphone wired incorrectly. So that part is now corrected. Also cleaned all contacts. The switch on bottom is set for electronic keying. It will key the transceiver now. It makes the RX/TX lights work now as well , but still no voice transmission. Should I look at the little amplifier board perhaps ?

3. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

For starters...You might want to take out the mic cartridge and make sure a wire hasn't come loose. Make sure the 9V battery connector doesn't have a loose wire too. Visually inspect the pc board for anything obviously wrong with it.

4. K5DH

K5DH Ham Member QRZ Page

I have the schematic for the Turner +2 mic. I tried to post it here, but I couldn't get it to work. Email me.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    K7MH likes this.
  5. W7LTF

W7LTF Ham Member QRZ Page

1 sheild,2 White audio,3 red transmit,4 black recieve.3&4 are sometimes reversed. Check switch underneath for relay type. Clean contacts and make sure that they are physically making contact ( visual). Go through these procedures and you should be up and running.

6. PUMPKINMAN

PUMPKINMAN QRZ Member

To everyone , my thanks for the help and advice. A loose wire repair as well as a re-solder of a loose part in the amp board and the microphone is now working . Thanks so much. And everyone have a Merry Christmas.