ad: UR5CDX-1

Vintage Computer/Hamfest - Wall Township, NJ - April 24, 2021

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by KT6A, Apr 5, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KT6A

KT6A Ham Member QRZ Page

The Vintage Computer Federation (VCF) is having an in-person swapmeet on April 24, 2021 (rain date: April 25, 2021) near the Infoage Science Center in Wall Township, NJ.

Last October, the VCF ran a swapmeet for vintage computer goods at the same location, and it turned out to be quite successful. Some of the vendors had HAM and antique radio items for sale and were able to sell them, too. Due to the success of the event, VCF is officially expanding the theme for the swapmeet to include traditional Hamfest vendors, along with vendors selling vintage electronics.

Admission is free for attendees. Those wanting a spot to set up and sell their goods will be considered vendors and will be charged $20 per space, plus $10 for each additional space requested by the same vendor. A space is a typical flea market/Hamfest style space. It is 10 feet wide, and about 30 feet deep. Enough room to park and sell your goods from your trunk. No tables or tents will be provided. You will only get the reserved space(s). It is an outdoor event in a parking lot. Bring your own tables and canopies if you need them. The specific location for the swapmeet is in a parking lot near the InfoAge site (specific location: https://goo.gl/maps/m1AAS4UUziGXnoPeA).

Currently, 24 vendors have signed up, but we have plenty of space for more vendors. We secured the permission of the local Garden State Amateur Radio Association (thanks guys!) to use their repeater for talk-in on 147.045+ PL 67.

For more details, or to register for a vendor space, visit the event web page here: http://vcfed.org/wp/vcf-swap-meet/

2. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

now I wonder if I should have tossed out my 1802 micro development board, card cage plus associated RCA chips & eproms
    Loved the 1802 cosmac & commodore vic & C64 era
    I was just surfin a few 1802 & C64 sites last week

Wish we had something like that up here, of course even if we did we're locked down again

WB2JAX likes this.
  3. KT6A

KT6A Ham Member QRZ Page

With vintage computing, almost like the HAM radio hobby, what's old isn't really useless. Not everybody will find old gear useful, but it generally has value. I've done packet already with a TRS-80 Model 4 and a PK-232 packet controller. I can do RTTY that way, too.

A Cosmac 1802 has a high collector value these days.

4. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I certainly enjoyed the 1802 hobby board as well, then with a VIP system.
    Put an ascii kybd on it and started writing my own commands for load, save & run just as the vic20 came out

had a lot of fun with those and still can't part with the vic20, c64 and all that stuff.
    Its hard to find time to play with that, perhaps if I had a practical use for it.