ad: MLSons-1

Village of Kenmore adds $1000 permit fee for amateur radio antennas

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KD2BHP, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K7RA

K7RA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Why in the world does the town clerk keep referring to HAM radio, as if ham were some sort of acronym? I've noticed this increasing usage over the past decade by people outside the amateur radio service, and it baffles me.

2. KC8YHW

KC8YHW Ham Member QRZ Page

I have opened every article of the code and found no reference to a Flag Pole, there are venders that sell Fiber Glass Flag Poles fifty feet tall. So could you put a vertical inside the pole, two pulleys at the truck one for pulling up an inverted Vee and the other for a flag?

3. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Ham Member QRZ Page

It wasn't mentioned in the article but every ham in that town should have been at the public hearing to voice their concerns and maybe offer a different solution.

When our county in the early 90's was passing a moratorium on cell towers, we made sure that amateurs were excluded in the ordinance and it worked (Leon County FL, Chapter 10 Sec. 10-6.812).! There was about 35-40 of us in attendance and we made quite an impression (and no vest were worn!). Also having a good relationship with the officials (Sheriff, Emergency Manager etc) helped seal the deal as well.

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

4. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

I am surprised that more people have not looked into Libertarianism ?
    With what seems to me a going acknowledgement that BOTH sides are full of toilet droppings ,
    that more are not looking at original / alternative political groups to support ?
    I have read over the yrs. about 3/4 of suggested reading on the Libertarian reading suggestions , and that was before going to any Libertarian sources , just seeing one of there suggested reading lists yrs. later .
    I boil it down to a few sayings during a conversation ,
    The Libertarian party is for everyone , because with this group you are allowed any interests , except to mind other peoples interests .
    Its more along the lines of where / what this country started from , most media refers to this country as a democracy [ this is propaganda ] this country was founded as a republic - a democratically elected republic ?

5. KD2BHP

KD2BHP Ham Member QRZ Page

the problem with that logic was this reply from the clerk

so technically if flag poles are not mentioned they are not allowed...

6. N0PIX

N0PIX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Because, sadly, there are far too many people espousing Libritarianism that are still all about controlling their neighbors lives. Despite the party platform of "live and let live" it looks like a bunch of people that are only slightly left of Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck.

Ronald Reagan would be a moderate democrat if he were alive today. :) (That's only barely a joke)

7. KK4FIH

KK4FIH Ham Member QRZ Page

This is a slap in the face to amateur radio operators everywhere!73 Bill KK4FIH

8. AB2WL

AB2WL Ham Member QRZ Page

Let's not forget PRB-1.

9. KC8YHW

You put up the Flag Pole and appeal, in court you are Vet, and a volinteer fireman, is the judge going to rule against you.

10. KD2BHP

just a clarification... I am not a Vet... not sure if someone else said that somewhere in the thread but if so that is incorrect...

11. KC8YHW

My Bad, however do you have a relative that is in the armed services? A Flag Pole in their honor. Also for stealth look at down rigger wire Very high strength very small dia. I have an Inverted Vee that is very hard to see.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  12. KD2BHP

No problem... just did not want anyone thinking I said I was... I have Many family members past and present who are members of the Armed Services and I have thought of flagpole verticals... I might add one someday... for now I am planning on leaving my wire antennas up and seeing what happens...

13. KC0KEK

KC0KEK Ham Member QRZ Page

Your Ad Here

Or a really tall purple martin house.

14. W2TXB

W2TXB Ham Member QRZ Page

Because somebody did it a few years ago, and so many people just follow repeat what they see and read. ;)

15. N7UAP

N7UAP Ham Member QRZ Page

I see on the "Village's" web site there is a place on the menu called "Rodent Control".

Seems like a good place for them to start is in the Mayor's office and the Board of Trustees.:D

$1000!!! My word people!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.