Viewing entire logbook

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by KB5ZCR, Oct 14, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KB5ZCR

KB5ZCR Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi, when viewing someone's log, it only shows the top 15 contacts, even though they have hundreds of contacts.
    There is no scroll bar or "next page" showing up as I would expect.
    I am using a android tablet if that makes any difference, and I have also viewed the page as both mobile view and desktop with no difference.
    I would like to be able to view more than the last 15 contacts.

Ant ideas?

Thanks, Tim

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

There is no way to view the entire log of another user - only the latest entries.

3. KB0IOK

KB0IOK Ham Member QRZ Page

If only the last few contents of the log are viewable then I see no use for the log. Sorry.

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You are not utilizing the logbook for its intended purpose.
    A logbook is used to log the QSOs made by its owner. That information is private to its owner. The owner may opt to add a logbook tab to its callsign database page. If so, only the latest 15 QSOs will be partially displayed to indicate the latest time the owner has managed its logbook.

Confirmations are based on the double-blind principle. Both parties to the QSO (you and your worked party) must each independently enter a record of the QSO in their logbooks. QRZ then automatically tests to determine whether or not the following data fields in each record match the other with regard to callsigns, band, mode, and UTC date/time within a 30-minute window. If so, a confirmation is indicated; if not, none is indicated.

5. S57PC

S57PC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry, I do not agree with you and your arguments are pointless . I think there would have to be an option where you can chose you want to share the whole QSO book or not. Besides I'm very sure
    big majority of us would like to share!

6. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Why do you want to see what is in another person's log?

7. S57PC

S57PC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I like to read other's history, I like to share mine.

8. KI7Z

KI7Z Ham Member QRZ Page

I had a need to confirm a QSO time and was unable because of this limitation. And it is, a limitation.

9. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

No different than LoTW. If your data is correct and matches his data, a confirmation will result.

But if either party "busted" some data, no confirmation.

Being able to "peek into their log book" and make your data match his is considered cheating.

Same exact system LoTW and Club Log use, among others. It's called "double blind" - either your data matches or it doesn't.

Not a limitation at all. It's a DESIGN INTENT

Dave
    W7UUU

NG1H likes this.
  10. KI7Z

KI7Z Ham Member QRZ Page

I understand the cheat aspect. My scenario was the operator sent me a request to confirm, and my log did not include the contact, even though I remember it well as he lives about a mile from me. I guess I am not the type to consider fudging stuff and did not consider there are those that will cheat. Sadly. I feel sorry for them. :)