ad: cq2k-1

Video shows intentional jamming of 2m repeater tracked to SoCal HAM

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by KJ6FYX, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. AB3LW

AB3LW Ham Member QRZ Page

Also rule out an ht in a bag in the woods on a tree near his house set to crossband repeat thats set to repeat an frs radio.

Someone will get their TH-78a back as a supository if i ever find out who pulled that one.

2. AB3LW

If you know who it is simply tell him that ya'll give noisy battery chargers and touch lamps to all his neighbors and he will have no receive if he dont be good. LOL

If he listens to am radio or shortwave at all , he will comply.

3. AB3LW

Mail him an invitation to a foxhunt and tell him he's welcome to play. And he can go hide the fox on saturdays.

Diplomacy and reasoning may work better and faster than the FCC.

4. AB3LW

And if all else fails, Grab him, and bring him to the party at the clubhouse, to resolve it in a nice friendy way

I was vulgar once and got grabbed and thrown into a van taken for a ride. And told about cussing at someones old lady. As she was told not to be a b@#ch. And we had a "let bygones be bygones" party. We are still friends to this day.

Probably some law against that tactic though.
    But it sounds more legal than pulling down a tower or damaging property as some have suggested.
    And it sure worked on me:eek: . I was well behaved for years after that one.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  5. AB3LW

MOD; May as well delete the rest of my posts, cause now it makes no sense.

6. AB3LW

Ive witnessed many newcomers come onto a repeater and be treated very badly. Most of the time they go away and dont come back. Sometimes they sell me their radio cheap and forget all about it. Others just use it as a scanner and go inactive. A few decide to have fun in their own way. One gave a five hour "goodbye and go to h*&l speech. (we all know who dont we?)

One guy told me "i paid 200$ for my ht and im going to have some kind of fun with it if they are going to be that way" I told him we he is done venting ill trade him a scanner for it. I think he played with a repeater for an hour or two and came back to trade for the scanner.

Thats the pond those frogs come from. Rudeness and rejection makes them breed.

7. AB3LW

Dont worry, jammers will soon be a thing of the past when they make us all get "homeland security boxes or chips in our stations to control and protect us" with a device that spits out a ticket for violations and hits up your bank account automatically. Or tells you that "you may not transmit until tomorrow.

What is digital gonna bring with it?
    Control

Look at the new police systems that stuff will soon be cheap enough for us and will likely be mandated.

Each time we bother the FCC we get closer to that kind of control. We should actualy be trying to keep them from hearing about it. IMO

8. KJ6FYX

KJ6FYX Ham Member QRZ Page

He is going to end up in the wrong place at the wrong time and soon enough I will catch him in person jamming our repeater. As I am writing this, he is currently jamming with his stupid little voice.

9. K4WGE

K4WGE Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, he is pathetic. What did you do with the video, and what will you do next?

10. KC1BUD

KC1BUD Ham Member QRZ Page

You could use the Grid information on the QRZ.com search to call in an air strike too, but I think that would be a bit much. Plus the collateral damage would be too great.

11. K6CPO

K6CPO Ham Member QRZ Page

For a hobby that seems to be populated with a bunch of old guys, hams are quite a childish lot...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.