ad: Radclub22-1

VIDEO: QSL Card Art & History

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K8QS, Dec 29, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K8QS

K8QS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

2. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

K8QS -exseland. sincerelly greeting vyDJOAJ ekrem my pleasen

3. DJ0AJ

QUENE SCHULTZE my pleasen cann holding the one 1 fotos from my QRZ;COM MY PLEASEN

4. GI3SG

GI3SG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Quin a Very interesting video. Ive always been interested in historical QSL cards they are a time capsule and need to be saved for the future. Some of my late Grandfathers Cards can be viewed on
    QRZ hope you find them interesting. 73 Martin GI3SG

5. K3LU

K3LU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No one except the operator gets excited about seeing a check mark on their own LoTW confirmation. After the op is QRT... no one ever cares and the contacts have zero historical record or significance at that point. It's all old dead data that disappears. A paper card lives on.

WA9TDD, KR3DX and KC1NY like this.
  6. N7KO

N7KO Ham Member QRZ Page

Qbeck Serra

7. W1YV

W1YV Ham Member QRZ Page

Quin and Tom, ref your pentagon card 4usa. The crossed flags with the torch is the branch insignia of the us army signal corps. If you would like the name of a ham, my friend, who operated the station, as well as the army station in Korea please email me at my qrz email. Enjoyed your video, but did not finish it yet. 73, Joe w1yv

WA9TDD likes this.
  8. K7STU

K7STU Ham Member QRZ Page

Good watch. I paper QSL for awards. Although this is a reception QSL report it's one of my favorites. Also very rare.

Attached Files:

WA9TDD likes this.
  9. K9WIS

K9WIS Ham Member QRZ Page

QSL cards were one of the main attractions to the hobby when I walked into the ham station at my high school 50 years ago this year. I thought it was cool to see the wall full of cards on display from hams all around the world. It is sad that not many hams send cards any more. I still like to reminisce as I look at the cards I received over the years and recalling the late nite QSO's and radio adventures. These days QSO's are nothing more than a few key clicks of a mouse to exchange a signal report and location, not much to remember. And a QSL is nothing more than an electronic entry on a website..sigh
    73, Brian K9WIS

KR3DX likes this.
  10. K8ZT

K8ZT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

11. K8QS

12. K8QS

Great point, Brian. Now that you mention it, I recall similar feelings as well.
    Quin, K8QS
    Ham Radio Perspectives YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3MJT8o8-XMxF8XROf7Q5GA/videos

13. W8AAZ

W8AAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I scoured ebay from time to time for interesting cards. Be warned that if you search QSL card, you will get a large proportion of CBer cards too. I scanned about 90 pages of QSLs on there the last time. Fast scan but man takes a long time. So if you are lucky you may spot cards from people you know. Also famous ham cards occasionally. Last time I spotted some Barry Goldwater cards, they bid much more than I would pay for a card. Got a ham authors book on building receivers. He had a chapter about his receiver he built in 1937. I found a picture QSL card of his from same year on ebay and stuck it in the book. I look at those 2os and 30s cards just because of the fine artwork and custom work on alot of them, much better than our generic modern non custom ones.

14. K8QS

Very interesting, Tom. We looked at some of the eBay sales of cards. And I did see a lot of CB cards as well.

Quin, K8QS
    Ham Radio Perspectives YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3MJT8o8-XMxF8XROf7Q5GA/videos

15. DJ0AJ

greetingK8QS sincerrely fron djoaj ekrem