Video Links embedded in Biography Stopped Working

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by N5LZ, Mar 29, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
  1. N5LZ

N5LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have had links to several short videos embedded into my biography for the past two years (they link to Vimeo.Com). The links have worked well since I set them up, but recently an error message has appeared on each of them and I can no longer link to them via QRZ.com. The message suggests that I update my browser and flash, but I am using current versions of each. And, there are no issues when I play the same videos by linking directly to vimeo.com through my browser. I'm not sure if the link has been disabled for all QRZ.com users or just my local computer? Is there something I can do within QRZ.com to fix this? Don, N5LZ

2. N5LZ

N5LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have confirmed that the problem mentioned in my post is not limited to my own computer so it seems obvious that QRZ.com's ability to accept video link embedding has recently been disabled...... so I have added links to the videos in my biography text. I will leave my embed text in place in case QRZ.com chooses to restore that capability... but no problem if they don't no as far as I'm concerned ... the links work just as well.

3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Look here.

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/qrz-service-update-biography-pages.600972/

Have Fun.

4. N5LZ

N5LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks Don ... I guess that's my answer ... no big deal .... I'll just replace the thumbnail images which have been obliterated by QRZ's new error message and use something a little more pleasing .... and will continue to use direct links to the videos....

5. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

In present time all your links work OK in my end .
    Work of link not related with last QRZ update.