ad: KF7PMW-1

SOLD Vibroplex "Red Bug" Keyer

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by W8TJM, Jun 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W8TJM

W8TJM Ham Member QRZ Page

Looking for a good home for this old keyer. It is used and in very good condition for its age, although it does have signs of use. The contacts could use cleaning but it all works and is complete. Free shipping to the continental USA. $110.00 via certified check or PayPal. Contact me at cavu2001@yahoo.com

Photos: DSCN6106 (1).jpg DSCN6108 (1).jpg DSCN6109.jpg DSCN6110 (1).jpg DSCN6111 (1).jpg

2. K5NSN

K5NSN Ham Member QRZ Page

According to the Vibroplex collectors site, and the listing for SN = date of manufacture -
    The serial number on your Lightning Bug Key represents a DOM first quarter of 1946 -
    Your key is in extremely fine condition...
    This date of manufacture may be a big bonus for a buyer.
    SN 148,170 thru 152,526 were made in 1946

3. W8TJM

Thank You for that information. I knew it was quite old, and that puts the unit at 72 years old. I have had a few of these over the years, but this one I got from a friend. Just want to find a good home for it.

4. W8TJM

This item is SOLD. Thanks all for the interest.

5. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.