SOLD Vibroplex Lightning Bug

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by WO9B, Jun 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. WO9B

WO9B Ham Member QRZ Page

For Sale is a good condition Vibroplex Lightning Bug. Per the Vibroplex database, this unit is a 1953 Standard model. It is in original condition with no restoration performed.

Asking $115 + shipping. Paypal is prefered. Contact me by posting here or email to mike@palomonet.com

MJ, WO9B
    P1040198.JPG P1040199.JPG P1040201.JPG P1040202.JPG P1040203.JPG P1040204.JPG P1040205.JPG P1040200.JPG

2. W2KG

W2KG Subscriber QRZ Page

I notice a third non-standard binding post between the two standard posts. What is it's function?

WR2E likes this.
  3. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

There's also a piece of copper 'flashing' added between the arm and the upper trunion plate... strange!

4. WO9B

WO9B Ham Member QRZ Page

I can think of no reason for the foil. Wiring the key to my radio, I can use a 3 wire system as if it were an iambic key. I've attached a photo of the normal under key cross connects (found the photo here on QRZ) so you can see the change as compared to the photo above. The key works great, but I must admit my bug skills are in their infancy.

Good timing on the questions. I was in the process of investigating those same issues when I saw your message.

Attached Files:

5. WO9B

WO9B Ham Member QRZ Page

Unit is no longer for sale. Thanks.

6. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.