SOLD Vibroplex 1953 Lightning Bug Standard

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by WO9B, Sep 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. WO9B

WO9B Ham Member QRZ Page

Lets try this again: Previously posted this unit which is in good condition but has a previous owner modification. This is a 1953 Vibroplex Lightning Bug Standard, serial #179858. Operationally this is very good. It passes the 40 dits test and the speed adjustability is much better than my Original. A long lost previous owner added, between the fulcrum and the pendulum, a copper strap. Why? Also added is a third connection post. The copper strap has been removed, but alas the connection post remains.

I've enjoyed using this key for the past week or so. As mentioned, operationally it is very good.

So make me an offer!! I'd like to see $85 + shipping but don't be shy. Paypal is preferred. Questions are welcome. Post them here or email me at mike@palomonet.com

Thanks and Best 73
    MJ P1040447.JPG P1040448.JPG P1040449.JPG P1040450.JPG P1040451.JPG P1040452.JPG P1040453.JPG P1040455.JPG

K6RA likes this.
  2. N1HM

N1HM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The extra connection turned the bug into a single lever keyer.

3. WO9B

WO9B Ham Member QRZ Page

I realized that, but was left wondering why?? :)

I guess the good news is it can always be reconfigured back should the mood strike!!

Thanks for the reply, really.

4. WO9B

WO9B Ham Member QRZ Page

SOLD. Thank You!!

5. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.